1858 Sample Crescent SW ~ Edmonton, AB ~ T6W 1N7
780.555.1212 (Home), 780.555.1212 (Cell), [email protected]
Hard-wired to proactively lead and perform at the highest levels
Natural Leader Focused on Execution Excellence ~ Analytical Problem Solver ~ Ethical Business Process Developer/ Improver ~ Skilled Management Liaison Cool and Effective under Pressure Superior Organizational Skills and Work Ethics ~ Customer Focused ~ Passionate yet Pragmatic
Natural proactive leader and proverbial "go to" person who knows what needs to be done and takes action. Intuitive, analytical, and strategic gift of "seeing the invisible" - of knowing how to improve business processes and motivate teams to create the highest levels of efficiency and productivity. Executive business professional that swiftly assesses and implements decisions with skill and confidence. Respected as a dynamic business builder, hands-on leader, and creative solutions provider, delivering impressive bottom-line results. Master of Business Administration and Bachelor of Electrical Engineering. Proficient in MS Office and custom software applications. Available for travel and relocation.
- Multimillion Dollar P&L Management
- Budgeting & Cash Flow Optimization
- Cost Reduction & Avoidance
- Organizational Performance & Productivity Planning
- Dynamic Team Building & Leadership
- Strategic Direction & Procedures
- Project Design & Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Vendor Sourcing & Negotiating
- Leading Edge Technology Solutions
- Generating over C$50 million in revenue for 2006; 50% of company's annual revenue.
- Implemented cost avoidance and reduction strategies saving company 20% of design budget.
- Developed performance improvement measures, which reduced rework by 70%.
- Authored research paper on the convergence of commercial and military project management practices.
- Managed a $20 million project, integrating IT systems at 67 airports in only 9 months during TWA acquisition.
- Introduced biometric technology at American Airlines (BOS and MIA).
- Led implementation of SAP-based billing system for Advantage division; saved company $400,000 on system integration budget of $1.2 million.
SAMPLE AEROSPACE LTD. - Edmonton, Alberta, 2004 - Present
With C$100 million in annual revenue SPAR Aerospace is a global leader in aircraft life extension, maintenance repair and overhaul, and technical services to global customers, and is a division of L-3 Communications, the 9th largest defense contractor in the United States.
Full P&L responsibility for international programs in excess of $160 million with 100+ direct and indirect reports. Direct corporate level functions related to the design, development, integration, test and production activities associated with various programs, including customer support, procurement and vendor management activities.
Sample, Page II
Communicate program scope, schedules, and objectives across program teams to ensure deliverables are on schedule, within budget, and meet or exceed customers' expectations.
- Analyze financial impact of program decisions and review performance of program cost and scheduling.
- Track programs' key performance indicators and coordinate with Supply Chain Management to ensure inventory levels support scheduled product flow; collaborate with Subcontract Manager regarding vendor issues.
- Monitor personnel compliance with contractual, regulatory, company, EH&S (safety meetings and audits) and legislative requirements.
- Principal point of contact between SPAR and its customers.
AMERICAN AIRLINES - Fort Worth, Texas, 2000 - 2003
American Airlines is the world's largest airline. Together, its members serve 600 destinations in 130 countries and territories. American Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of AMR Corporation (NYSE: AMR).
Principal Project Manager
Managed blended teams involved in the development and implementation of enterprise projects. Provided management consultation and change communications strategies. Served in consulting capacity in partnership with learning solutions managers, implementation project leadership, IT managers, programmers, configuration/ technical team, business process personnel, and end-users.
- Defined project scope, goals and deliverables to support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Liaised with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Effectively communicated system expectations to team members and developed communications documents.
- Coached, mentored, motivated and supervised team members and contractors to influence positive action.
- Drafted and submitted budget proposals and recommended subsequent budget changes.
- Determined frequency/ content of status reports from IT project team to analyze results and troubleshoot problems.
- Managed changes in project scope, identified potential crises, and devised contingency plans.
- Developed and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Conducted project postmortems and created reports to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
MOTOROLA, INC. - Chicago, Illinois, 1999 - 2000
Publicly held (NYSE:MOT) Fortune 100 company and leading provider of end-to-end infrastructure, integrated voice and data communications, and information solutions with annual revenues of $35.3 billion in 2005.
Senior Project Manager
Led multi-functional and multi-national programs involving the design, development, and maintenance of wireless networks through the product lifecycle. Updated requirements and plans as needed based on approved scope changes. Drove issues to closure and identified and resolved obstacles.
- Developed and executed detailed and integrated product schedules involving development, integration, testing and approval activities. Identified dependencies and mitigated risks to achieve project objectives.
- Collaborated with common and product engineering teams regarding staffing commitments.
- Planned, tracked, and drove reporting and issue identification for product development activities associated with development and production. Reported project status encompassing schedule progress, changes to scope and resources versus requirements.
- Followed change control processes to introduce and manage modifications to planned deliverables.
CAE ELECTRONICS LTD. - Montreal, Quebec, 1990 - 1999
A worldwide provider of simulation and modeling technologies and integrated training services for civil aviation, and defense customers with ISO 9001 manufacturing operations and training facilities in 19 countries on 5 continents. Publicly traded on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges (TSX: CAE; NYSE: CGT) with C$1 billion in revenues.
Sample, Page III
Promoted from Senior Avionics System Engineer in 1994 to manage human, financial and operational resources necessary to meet budgets and schedules in compliance with quality and communications obligations of multi-million dollar projects from contract award to customer acceptance.
- Supervised engineering, production, and technical support teams comprised of 20 to 40 direct and indirect reports to ensure technical specifications were satisfied on-time and within budget.
- Directed activities related to strategic improvement of products and processes throughout project life-cycle.
- Monitored preparation of schedules and work plans and provided status reports to executive management.
- Ensured product integrity for compliance with FAA, JAA, CAA, JCAB, and LBA regulatory agencies.
- Prepared monthly financial reports of project portfolio and accounted for, and corrected, cost variance issues for project budgets in excess of $40 million.
- Liaised with internal and external customers, including customer negotiations and product acceptance.
Early Career Progression:
Performed line and shop avionics/ electrical systems maintenance of Boeing 737, Fokker, F28, F100, and Convair 580 aircraft, and Ramp Maintenance, B and C checks of B737, Convair 580 and DC-8 for Quebecair/ Inter Canadian Airlines (1985 - 1989).
Master of Business Administration (MBA), 2006
PROJECT MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE
Project Manager Professional Certification (PMP), 1999
UNIVERSITY OF MONTREAL
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), 1989
Member, Project Management Institute (PMI)
Member, American Society for the Advancement of Project Management (ASAPM)
NATO Secret Security Clearance (Level II), Government of Canada