PERRY F. CALCUTTA
CREATIVE CUISINE... FINE DINING...
23664 Carey Circle • Field Stream, IN 77659
(541) 987-3240 • [email protected]
EXECUTIVE CHEF | CULINARY ARTS PROFESSIONAL
"Offering Patrons the Finest in Food, Service, and Atmosphere"
A skilled Culinary Professional, recognized for a comprehensive knowledge of international cuisine and an innovative approach to setting the stage for a customized dining experience. Over 22 years of progressive experience managing the provision of fine dining for resorts, restaurants, country clubs, and clubhouses; refining the art of cooking; developing impressive menus; and preparing culinary dishes influenced by culturally diverse regions around the globe. Particularly adept in the ability to cultivate partnerships with service providers in obtaining the freshest and highest quality ingredients; and committed to leaving patrons with an especially memorable dining experience.
CERTIFIED SERVSAFE® INSTRUCTOR
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Menu Design/ Development
- Staffing/ Training/ Instructing
- Dining Room/ Kitchen Operations
- Supervision (Front/ Back of House)
- Resource Procurement/ Inventory
- Conferences/ Special Occasions
- Catering/ Banquets/ Events
- Consultant Specialist
- Kitchen Design/ Layout
- Safety/ Sanitation/ HACCP
- Budgeting/ Cost Reduction
- Customer Service/ Guest Relations
ISLAND RETREAT, Oceanside, CA (2005 – Present)
- Supervised the dining and service operations of a 6,000-acre private resort and residential community (clubhouse, golf course, fine-dining restaurant); managing an operating budget of $1.4 million.
- Designed and implemented a creative menu with the use of fresh, local organic ingredients to provide a 5-star dining experience with a South Western flair; consulted weekly with the Organic Farmer (planting and harvest schedules for a 18-acre organic farm).
- Provided personal chef services for residents and a variety of celebrities, to include Ava Gardner and Jimmy Stewart.
- Coordinated and executed catering services, both on and off site for events ranging from weddings to conferences.
- Created and implemented kitchen designs for both residential and commercial establishments on the resort.
HEARTLAND COUNTRY CLUB, Heartland, WI (2003 – 2005)
- Supervised service operations for three restaurants generating $1.8 million in annual food sales revenue (country club, beach club, halfway house).
- Directed the activities of 28 staff, engaged in full-service restaurant operations (food preparation, customer service, chefs, cooks, assistants, and wait staff).
- Reorganized the layout of kitchens and dining areas; and developed creative, diverse menus incorporating the cuisine commonly associated with independent, fine dining restaurants.
HILLSIDE RETREAT RESTAURANT, Roseborg, AR (1989 – 2003)
- Instrumental in the turn-around of a West Shore Mountain restaurant to a high-end fine dining restaurant, formerly known as The Edge of Utopia.
- Developed and implemented an American-Continental Menu; hired and trained new staff (front and back of the house), and conducted a 100% renovation of the kitchen and dining areas.
PERRY F. CALCUTTA, PAGE TWO
RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE
Won "Chef of the House" Challenge | Raised over $5,000 in Contributions
SIGNATURE CHEF'S AUCTION – MARCH OF DIMES
Timely Resort, Los Angeles, CA
AMERICA'S FIRST HARVEST OF MOUNTAIN RIDGE – CHEF'S TABLE
GRAND OPENING EVENT – ISLAND RETREAT
Accent Today Magazine
ISLAND FOUNDATION – ANNUAL FUND RAISER
JAMES BEARD HOUSE
New York, NY
75TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
Rainbow Room, New York, NY
CHEF of the CENTURY AWARD DINNER
Rainbow Room, New York, NY
IVY TECHNICAL INSTITUTE – CULINARY ARTS PROGRAM
Ft. Wayne, IN
SERVSAFE® FOOD PROTECTION MANAGER CERTIFICATION
National Restaurant Association – Educational Foundation
ORGANIZATION • PREPARATION • PRODUCTION • PRESENTATION • HOSPITALITY