7285 Street, City, California 92112
[email protected], 800.555.8219 (Home), 800.555.9958 (Cell)
Product Development, Manufacturing Procurement, Sales & Marketing
Highly accomplished enterprising visionary combining outstanding sales & marketing talents with high caliber general management qualifications. Results-oriented, decisive leader, with proven success in establishing a lasting presence in new markets, identifying growth opportunities, and initiating strong business alliances. Develop international partnerships to drive bottom-line profits. Thrive in dynamically changing environments requiring focused decision making. Bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese. Available for travel and relocation.
- Innovative Leadership Style
- Brand Positioning Strategies
- Product Reengineering/ Redesign
- Change Management Techniques
- Product Placement Concepts
- Key Account Management
- Sales Team Building
- New Product Launches
- Import & Export/ Distribution
SAMPLE HOUSEWARES - San Diego, California | 2004 - Present
Director of Product Development & Marketing
Progressed from Product Marketing Manager to an increasingly responsible position as Director of Product Development and Marketing for this leader in product innovation within the small household appliance industry.
Provide result-oriented product management in a direct distribution business model. Lead Product Management Teams in the development of new products. Deliver profit-driven revenue models. Develop business and functional requirements for products. Successfully lead business development efforts. Perform business and cost analysis. Analyze market segments and create effective business and marketing plans. Develop marketing and sales communication strategies. Liaise with 25 factories in China to oversee cost saving product adjustments, product specifications, quality control and order fulfillment.
- Created a responsive market-driven department increasing market share from 25% to 50% in 3 years.
- Established 5 new SKU's with the Target Corporation triggering $2.5 million in additional sales revenues.
- Devised a "service team" approach for company's top 10 accounts creating a consultative sales process.
- Designed product packaging, user manuals, sales collateral, and tradeshow materials.
- Negotiated contracts for celebrity chef endorsements and inbox product promotions.
- Reengineered product specifications in the water kettle category producing cost savings that led to product expansion opportunities within existing accounts.
- Liaised with Customer Service Manager developing a QC reporting process across all categories. Quality control scrutiny led to significant improvements of the Costco rice cooker and increased sales by 20%.
- Streamlined the sales presentation process through the creation of a "product development database" providing sales managers with immediate access to product progress, features and pricing information.
SAMPLE TECHNOLOGY COMPANY, Ltd. - San Diego, California | 2000 - 2004
American Branch Manager
Served as American Branch Manager for this global manufacturer of innovative Bluetooth wireless products and accessories, and master specialist in plastics and metallic molding and coating.
SAMPLE, Page 2
Conceptualized, planned and initiated Teling's U.S. sales operations. Researched and analyzed potential markets, financial affairs, competitive bidding, and entire project management. Managed new business development and strategic planning to maximize growth and profitability. Established growth plans for individual accounts and personally managed account calls throughout the United States. Planned, coordinated, and attended tradeshows throughout the U.S. and Europe. Coordinated production operations with manufacturers in Taiwan and China.
- Conceived and implemented a sales strategy targeting a niche market of clients with licensed properties, which was adopted as the center of Teling's international sales campaign.
- Established accounts with Elvis Presley Enterprises, Marilyn Monroe Enterprises and Anna Kournikova.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE SCHOOLS - Taipei, Taiwan | 1998 - 2000
Director of Studies
Served as Director of Studies for this language school combining the latest teaching methodologies with comprehensible auditory input and directed correction, resulting in near-native English speaking students.
Interviewed and hired new teachers. Developed course curriculum and exams. Observing teachers and provided feedback. Timetabled teachers & classes. Organized teachers' meetings and in service training. Performed progress and development interviews. Communicated with student, parents, and teachers to resolve issues.
- Developed a six-month training program utilizing video tape for teacher performance training reviews.
- Created and administered student placement tests resulting in an enrollment rate of 95%.
- Increased new student enrollment by 200%.
SAMPLE ENGINEERING - Taipei, Taiwan | 1997 - 1998
Technical Editor/ Graphic Designer
Served as Technical Editor and Graphic Designer for this ISO-9001 certified engineering design consultancy firm specializing in Taiwan's nuclear power industry.
Gained hand-on experience in pre-press production, project management, content writing and editing, layout and design and desktop publishing. Collaborated with engineering team for technical writing contributions. Edited engineering bids for infrastructure projects, semi-conductor plants, nuclear energy plants and high speed rail projects. Established and maintained company photo archives.
- Managed on-time production of a quarterly newsletter with a circulation of 2,500 copies.
- Assisted in planning and coordinating Bechtel's 100th Anniversary party.
B.A., Communications, Minor: Asian Studies, Oklahoma City University, Oklahoma City, OK
Full Tuition Scholarship Recipient ~ GPA 3.6 ~ Graduated Magna Cum Laude