RESUME J. ROCKETEER
555 Rocketeer Drive • New York, NY 55555
800.280.2445 • [email protected]
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Delivering real business solutions through strategic business planning and effective asset management.
More than 10 years of results-focused experience involving supply chain management, procurement, logistics and transportation, commodity management, and finance. Embraces a "continuous improvement" approach throughout daily tasks. Known as an effective problem solver with unique ability to think analytically and creatively. Special talent for handling adversity with enthusiasm and determination. Self-starter with ability to excel under minimal direction. Excels in collaborative as well as leadership roles. Earned President's Excellence Award for SAP implementation project. Ability to act as liaison between IT and line management. M.B.A. in Operations Management and Finance with strong SAP BW skills.
- Barge/ Vessel Scheduling
- Strategic Sourcing
- Import/ Export Administration
- Safety & Regulatory Adherence
- SAP BW & Software
- Asset & Materials Management
- Inventory Planning & Control
- Project Management
- Process Innovation
- Conflict Resolution
- Demand Forecasting
- Front-End Reporting
- Purchasing & Finance
- Contract Negotiations
- Cross-Functional Communications
AAA Corporation Inc., New York, NY (Remote Employee), 2008 – 2010
Upon AAA's acquisition of BBB in 2007, proved to be among just three employees hand selected to stay on board thanks to proven value to the organization. Delivered measurable results throughout career with BBB and AAA including optimization of both production and barge capacity, delivery of new inter-coastal supply line, process improvement success, and implementation of universally utilized compliance procedures - all of which saved money and substantially improved efficiency.
Sr. Supply Chain Analyst, Trade Commerce, Sept. 2008 – April 2010
Managed a substantial portfolio of B2B cementitous material trade contracts for a Strategic Business Unit (SBU). Responsibilities included monthly demand forecasts in I2 Demand Planning Tool and SBU P&L reports. Determined variable and fixed contribution margins for potential new trade opportunities. Drafted complex trade contracts and contract briefs, which required written approval from Senior Management.
- Contributed to 500k MT of incremental trade sales and 300k MT of incremental trade purchases annually which resulted in substantial EBITDA improvement.
- Streamlined operations by outsourcing processes to shared service center and providing training.
- Provided timely collections and payment support for trade vendors and customers (12).
- Guided pre- and post-sales support, including administering all aspects of accounts in SAP, implementing new deals, providing valuable solutions to business dilemmas, delivering client service, and mediating negotiations and conflicts.
- Negotiated agreement terms and conditions for all packaged cement purchases, including changes to supplier mix in order to lower costs.
- Designed and implemented SAP business process for first Supplier Managed Inventory (SMI) sale, which contributed to significant Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) and overall cash flow improvement.
- Coordinated a new cross-functional monthly AR/AP Swap reporting process, which required routine cooperation between three different departments for the first time.
Traffic Supervisor, Marine Operations, Oct. 2007 – Sept. 2008
Coordinated detailed knowledge transfer to new company owner in this initial AAA position. Facilitated coordination across several areas including port personnel, trucking personnel, and management. Completed financial analyses which identified potential material purchase and swap opportunities throughout the distribution network.
- Implemented new inter-coastal supply line by designing inter-modal logistics processes to allow a cement import terminal to also function as a successful cement export terminal.
- Developed easily updatable barge utilization model to provide company-wide supply information.
- Developed process flows and completed knowledge transfer of marine processes and procedures.
Resume J. Rocketeer, Page 2
BBB Cement Co., L.L.C., Buffalo, NY, 2000 – 2007
Traffic Supervisor, Marine Operations, 2004 – 2007
Supervised the strategic sourcing and scheduling of inbound and outbound marine product movements and inventory levels, import vessel scheduling and documentation flow, and provided valuable decision support for marine activities. Key participant in board approval process for construction of a new import terminal ($45M project). Provided critical month-end financial reports required to close activities to accounting.
- Coordinated the strategic sourcing and planning of more than 1M tons of foreign cement imports from countries including Brazil, China, and Venezuela into the Northeast U.S. in one year.
- Minimized additional freight and handling costs for a slag grinding facility in Camden, NJ, through the effective scheduling of raw material shipments sourced from Italy and Japan.
- Managed marine customs clearance processes and communications for all foreign import shipments.
- Developed a Marine Transportation Security Act compliance strategy for five locations, which avoided potentially severe infrastructure upgrade costs and was later benchmarked and utilized throughout the cement industry.
- Mitigated stock-out risk through precision management of a complex distribution planning model.
- Optimized company cash flow through timely execution of wire transfer payments (in excess of $1M) and processes for key marine vendors (5).
- Selected by senior management to validate standardized distribution cost reports for U.S. Division.
Barge Operations Coordinator, 2002 – 2004
- Coordinated the dry-dock winter maintenance schedules and budgets for the pneumatic barge fleet.
- Leveraged ERP system by entering barge fleet assets into SAP maintenance tracking system.
- Improved uptime and reliability of barge equipment through the development of a transparent equipment level cost reporting process (utilizing the Planned Maintenance module of SAP).
SAP Business Warehouse Reporting Specialist, 2001 – 2002
- Designated as one of the very select few "BW Super-Power Users" within the organization and given unrestricted query development access to all BW information sources.
- Designed, implemented and supported SAP BW (Business Warehouse) solutions for two different project life cycles in the U.S. and Canada. Gathered requirements for BW functional specifications and translated into technical designs. Constructed, tested, and debugged InfoCubes, load rules, queries and workbooks.
- Developed universal BW casual user training material as part of change management support.
Management Trainee, 2000 – 2001
- Studied modal methods of transporting cement (e.g. vessel, barge, rail, truck) and all aspects of the cement manufacturing process including supply chain.
- Contributed to logistics cost reductions in conjunction with CCC Management Consulting.
Professional Development M.B.A. in Operations Management and Finance
Sample Graduate College, School of Management, Buffalo, NY
Sample University, Buffalo, NY
Four internships completed at BBB Cement in the following areas (leading to full-time employment):
East Coast Strategy Project
Redefined Micro-Markets for SLCUS Market Area
Economic Feasibility Report Writing for Proposed Production Facility
I2 Demand Planning Tool, Supply Chain Network Optimization Tool, SAP R/3, BW, SD, MM, PS, PM