Address, City, State, Zip
FABRICATION / DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Results driven and accomplished production, quality, and service engineering professional with product development experience and achievements in global manufacturing of industrial filtration equipment. Knowledgeable and skilled in the application and operation of automotive industry-related plant equipment from R&D through product development, installation, processes, quality, and service. Solid track record of project management, process improvements, cost savings, and program successes. Highly effective change agent and cross-functional, proactive leader skilled in developing and managing talent, collaborative approaches, innovative and analytical thinking, and leveraging resources to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Promoted consistently through a series of increasingly responsible positions during periods of accelerated growth and global expansion as well as economic downturns to revive and solidify core business. Proven cross-functional partner with C-level management, engineering, R&D, quality control, welding/ fabrication, contractors, and service personnel. Work closely with owners/ management on new product development.
- Launched a corporate start-up fabrication operation in China; included new equipment purchases for all manufacturing processes and sourcing and recruiting local skilled talent. Trained and managed special project machine operators in Mexico and China.
- Consistently recognized by management for employing best practices to achieve cost savings, process and productivity improvements, reduced work revisions and scrap, and overall operational quality.
- Exceptional work ethic with the ability to meet or exceed deadlines and work under pressure. Excellent problem solving, communication, presentation, and employee management skills.
- B31.3 Welding Certification. Completed training includes ISO, Hobart Institute, Nonferrous Metal Training for the Oil, Gas, and Mining Industries, Management, and Communications.
- Technical Proficiencies: Fabricating, Welding, Special/ Exotic Metal Alloys, Print Reading, Brake Presses, Shear Saws, Grinders, Overhead Cranes, Threading, GTAW, GMAW, Industrial Sewing Machines, Paint/ Spray Equipment.
- Product Development
- Process Optimization
- Cost Management
- Customer Service
- R&D/ Fabrication
- Project Management
- Workflow Improvement
- Regulatory Compliance
- Precision Welding
- Quality Control
- Team Leadership
FILTRA SYSTEMS, Farmington Hills, Michigan, 1986 to Present
Quality Control Engineer (2012 to Present)
Manage all welding inspection and quality inspection in addition to performing the Service Engineer position. Team Lead of quality control staff; conduct checks of each job and monitor checkpoints. Correct drawings as necessary and coordinate efforts with the engineering and fabrication groups to resolve issues. Complete quality documentation related to subcontractors and inspectors.
Quality Control Engineer continued
- Developed, modified, and/or improved 60% of forms in use by the Quality Control Department.
- Implemented a system of quality control checkpoints to eliminate problems.
- Perform quality audits on vendors and lead process improvement initiatives.
Service Engineer (6 Years)
Led installations and start-ups of new machinery for filtering applications in the automotive industry under tight deadlines and budgets. Performed repairs and supervised rebuilding of filtration equipment in both the automotive and steel industries. Facilitated training and development of equipment operators on site and continually evaluated performance to ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Created and implemented maintenance and upgrade recommendations through continual machine evaluations resulting in overall cost reductions and improved productivity.
- Developed strong and productive working relationships with engineers, clients, contractors, and vendors to deliver superior service and gain customer loyalty and new business.
Plant Manager (13 Years)
Piloted a broad scope of plant operations in both Michigan and Tennessee and managed teams of up to 50 employees; work focused on building central cooling systems for automotive manufacturing facilities. Directed complex projects, workflow allocation, and recruiting, hiring, training, and development of employees. Worked closely with engineers to procure machinery rebuild materials and new equipment as necessary to reduce production time and improve quality. Conducted ongoing employee skill evaluations.
- Hand-picked by senior management to spearhead the start-up of a company fabrication shop in China. Purchased new equipment and led employment efforts to establish a skilled fabrication workforce.
- Led hands-on training and supervision of machine operators in Mexico and China for special projects.
Supervisor (7 Years)
Led and managed fabrication and assembly projects for patented and sophisticated industrial filtration equipment. Adhered to all client specifications and met manufacturing deadlines. Directed a complete plant relocation project, reset operations, and process transitions without workflow interruptions. Supervised up to 25 employees on a daily basis.
- Key contributor to specialized research and new product development projects that contributed to business growth, quality improvements, process efficiencies, and increased market share and revenue.
- Improved the performance of sewing/ thread machines through equipment upgrades resulting in significant cost savings and longer belt life.
CERTIFICATION / CONTINUING EDUCATION
B31.3 Welding Certification
ISO Training • Hobart Institute Training • Nonferrous Metal Training for Oil, Gas, and Mining Industries Management Training • Communication and Interpersonal Skills