7 Fourth Street • Lindenhurst, NY 11757 • (631) 729-4430 • [email protected]
Facilities Management, Construction Management, Project Management, HR/ Staff Management, Tenant Relations, Budget Management, Inventory Control, Vendor Relations, Loss Control & Prevention, Contract Negotiations, Regulatory Compliance, Proposal Development, Information Systems
Facilities Manager / Electrical Engineer
Green Oaks Apartments, Lake Success, NY, 1985 – Present
- Manage facilities management operations of 266 housing units (five buildings) and common grounds for this organization's Congregate and Assisted Living for senior residents.
- Successfully restructured company practices, policies, and procedures resulting in dramatic improvements in areas of:
- General Management: vendor selection, contract management, capital expenditures, inventory control, purchasing, staff development, and management/ contractor relations.
- Technical: HVAC, manual Building Management Systems (BMS), electrical plumbing, blueprint preservation, and management of information systems.
- Coordinate emergency response procedures, and act as primary point of contact for management, insurance agents, fire marshals, and town inspectors concerning Loss Control & Prevention issues.
- Oversee the hiring, training, scheduling, and supervision of 12 direct reports, and define job responsibilities as dictated by the organization's ever-changing business needs; instituted performance measurement tools that increased employee recognition, and productivity.
- Gained greater flexibility of a $750,000 maintenance budget, achieving a $16,000 savings in second quarter year through vendor changes, expense control, proposal development, and negotiations.
- Ensure the safety of residents and maintenance staff through continuous testing and maintenance of lighting, fire alarm, boiler and generator back-up systems; enforce mandatory use of protective gear during low/ high-voltage work in accordance with local/ national jurisdiction and OSHA regulatory compliance.
Chief Engineer / Facilities Manager
Briarcliff Gardens, Old Westbury, NY, 1981 – 1985
- Directed a six-year a $6.6 million grounds refurbishing project spanning 108,000 sq ft. situated on 250 acres accommodating three golf courses, 15 tennis courts, Olympic pool, restaurants, 26-member apartment/ suites, and an eleven-room dormitory.
- Managed a $1M maintenance budget and staff in areas of HVAC, electrical, complex plumbing systems, computerized Building Management Systems (BMS), kitchen equipment/ appliances, and interior maintenance, repairs, and improvements.
B.A., Electrical Engineering
NY Institute of Technology
Certified Technician, EPA
Licensed Asbestos Handler
References and letters of recommendation from supervisors and clients provided at meeting.