SUSAN J. DOE
Phone Number | City and State
Email Address | Personal Website
FASHION DESIGN EXECUTIVE
An innovative and creative fashion leader offers extensive experience in product design and development, working for industry-leading fashion houses such as Company X and Company Y. Expertise includes product development for high-end and medium-end men’s and women’s business wear, casual wear, swimsuit, and sport/ athletic clothing. Travels across Europe and Asia to monitor fashion trends, production, suppliers, and fashion shows. Core Strengths include:
Design Management – Team Leadership – Garment Construction – Print Design & Production – Strategic Planning Presentations – Budget Management – Training & Development – Photoshop – Illustrator – WebPDM – MS Office/ Excel
SELECT CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Led design and development of a $50M swim and hat retail business across multiple brands for Company A; tripled retail sales over three years while partnering with merchandising and production to achieve high margins.
- Traveled to trend inspirational shows seasonally, including multiple fashion shows in Europe and South America.
- Delivered an elegant unisex suit design for Company B that was featured on runways and New York fashion events.
- Grew women’s shirts and trouser line into the third best-selling category companywide, increasing annual revenue from $25M to $50M in less than two years.
Company Name, New York, NY | 2005 – 2017
Senior Design Director – Men’s Headwear & Swimwear
- Developed talented and motivated staff members, including design, product development, and technical teams. Drove innovation in printed swimwear, leveraging extensive expertise in design and development of prints, including digital, rotary, screen, and CMYK techniques; oversaw swimwear print direction, art packs, and strike off’s through to production; also headed technical fabric research and development, trims, and logos.
- Conducted research and business throughout Europe and Asia, visiting fabric mills, print facilities, factories, and trim suppliers to ensure quality and timely production.
Designer – Woven Shirts & Trousers
- Grew women’s shirts/ trousers into the third best-selling category in the company, generating $50M+ annual sales.
- Worked bi-annual fashion shows, including working with the public relations teams on press shows.
- Developed seasonal concepts and color palettes to present directly to senior decision makers.
- Travel throughout Europe on business, including Italian and English factories and mills.
Company Name, New York, NY | 2002 – 2005
Assistant Designer/ Women’s CK Knits & Sweaters
- Assisted in design for company’s Women’s Knits and Sweaters and contributed to seasonal fashion shows.
- Worked on flat and technical sketches and created product development tech packs in WebPDM.
- Designed presentation boards each season for corporate review.
BS, Fashion Design – University Name