Email Address, Phone, LinkedIn Page
FASHION MERCHANDISING PROFESSIONAL
A fashion/ retail professional with a background in buying, merchandising, and inventory management offers a proven ability to engage audiences and improve store/ web sales while working on multiple catalogs each season. Evaluates data and provides reports that lift efficiency and results while also crafting process improvements that save time and cost.
Core Strengths: Product Design – Merchandising – Strategic Planning – Procurement – Resource Management Team Leadership – Cross Functional Collaboration – Project Management – Research & Analysis – Pricing Plans
SELECT CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Managed the development and execution of more than 20 sales catalogs per season at Company A; developing content and pricing strategies that amplified catalog sales by 15% YOY.
- Decreased aged inventory units more than 26% from the previous year; also lowered back order rates 1% and cancel rates 1.8% from final actual.
- Partnered with multiple departments to ensure sound resource management, proper volumes of on-hand inventory, and fast processing of customer orders for 100+ stores across the country.
- Analyzed customer buying trends to determine pricing strategies, schedule sales and clearance events, and design holiday/ seasonal promotions that resulted in a $10M increase in annual revenue.
Company Name – New York, NY | 2015 – 2017
Fashion Merchandiser / Buyer
- Oversaw merchandising and buying functions for multiple women’s fashions divisions, including tops, dresses, pant suits, blazers, skirts, pants, blouses, and accessories.
- Planned OTB for season, accounting for performance and history; determined buy quantities from bulk to SKU.
- Facilitated achievement of inventory oversight, balancing sales, margin, markdown, and sell-through goals; also identified overstocks and made recommendations for both book and web clearance and in season web promotions.
- Reviewed top backorder and anticipated backorder items to achieve service KPI goals for backorders/ cancelations.
Company Name – New York, NY | 2013 – 2016
Merchandiser / Buyer Intern
- Collaborated with merchandising staff to create buy plan shells for buy plan meetings; recorded historical performance metrics, calculated budgets, and built media keys accordingly.
- Created budget for the season at SKU level, accounting for performance and history; planned and monitored tail-end sales and applied unit growth by department as given before buy plans.
- Reviewed color and size selling trends as well as style return rates to prepare reports for inventory needs.
- Tracked and organized pre-season merchandise in stock by updating inventory data for the web administrator.
- Participated in inventory meetings for buy plans, hot/ cold, and bump buy strategies; worked with production and logistics teams to follow up on back-ordered items and maintained strong vendor relationships.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Bachelor’s in Fashion Design & Marketing (2013) – University Name
Fluent in English, Italian, Spanish, French, & Portuguese