LinkedIn • Phone • Email
FIELD SERVICE MANAGER / OPERATIONS MANAGER
A dynamic operations manager offers a track record of success in managing field service operations and special projects related to design, fabrication, installation, commissioning, maintenance, and repair. Specializes in turning around underperforming teams and projects, winning buy in and motivating team members to achieve business and financial goals. Consistently drive project success through effective management and communication. Excels in managing teams to develop and improve processes while leading operations through periods of change. Delivers expert level troubleshooting skills on electrical, mechanical, electronics, control and instrumentation systems.
Core Strengths: Team Building, Customer Support, Contractor Management, Proposals, Scheduling, Risk Mitigation, Change Management, Project Management, Equipment Installation, Preventative Maintenance, Negotiations, Budgeting, Resource Management, Change Orders, Equipment Design, Technical Support, Troubleshooting
SELECT CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Provided turnaround leadership for faltering projects, restoring customer and sales team confidence while lifting overall profitability; earned a reputation for completing stalled, delayed and difficult projects.
- Implemented a program to identify and correct customer satisfaction deficiencies which bolstered customer faith, strengthened loyalty and increased the rate of sales on annual maintenance and emergency response contracts.
- Facilitated on-site problem resolution by documenting solutions from troubleshooting and presenting to field engineers as a fault diagnostic tool, resulting in decreased time to identify and fix equipment faults in the field.
- Designed a preventative maintenance program and maintenance schedule for electrical and mechanical equipment resulting in decreased repair costs and increased operating intervals. Instituted data collection procedures and developed a formal report format after all Preventative Maintenance site visits.
- Revamped procedures for writing time and material/expense quotes and invoicing that practically eliminated all AR’s.
Field Service Manager • Company Name • 2013 – 2017
- Managed up to 28 direct reports while overseeing the Systems DeltaV DCS Team, Reliability Solutions Team, and Remote Automation Team; developed processes and procedures, drive standardization and consistency.
- Increased department revenue more than 35% while introducing procedures and processes for AR collections, resulting in a reduction of aged receivables from $2M to $500 or less.
- Transitioned from less than 35% of delivering service contract obligations to more than 97% in one year.
- Wrote and developed procedures on equipment preventative maintenance and reporting.
- Created and implemented department safety procedures that led to a perfect safety record.
- Developed detailed tools allowing inside sales to quote scope of, and time to complete, field service evolutions.
- Visited customer sites to discuss service contract deliverables, new services and review maintenance reports to recommend services to correct or improve efficiency and reliability.
Professional Overview Continued…
Field Service & Repair Manager • Company Name • 2010 – 2013
- Managed 20+ field service engineers and sub-contractors in maintenance/repair during plant outages/turnarounds.
- Directed field service work and in-house repair shop throughput, contributing $16+M dollars in annual sales.
- Scheduled and prepared all FS projects from quotes through service and repair invoicing packages.
- Initiated and contributed content for a North American Field Service Standard Operating Policy manual.
- Supported outside sales with customer site visits nationwide for service and repair sales, promoting long-term service agreements with emphasis on multiyear service, parts and repair.
- Identified and purchased capital equipment field machining tools to increase technical capabilities and efficiency.
- Established a permanent Canadian Field Service presence with in-country Sr. Technician and tools.
Field Services Manager • Company Name • 2008 – 2009
- Led a 20-member department, reviewing each field and repair shop technician’s assignment and availability to ensure proper organization of workflow and quality delivery of services.
- Collaborated with technicians to identify equipment that could not be repaired in the field and arranged to have the equipment transported back to the service center for repairs.
- Maintained parts inventory for in-house and field repair projects.
- Increased annual maintenance contracts by 20% in North America.
- Turned around multiple faltering projects, restoring customer confidence and loyalty in the process.
API Testing Supervisor • Company Name • 2006 – 2007
- Built and customized instrumentation packages to monitor all parameters of testing using fieldvue systems.
- Led multiple API classification tests as well as special qualification material tests with DNV, ABS and Moduspec.
- Conducted materials failure analysis to uncover failures during pipeline and termination tests to failure.
- Designed specifications for a $1M lab.
Senior R&D Technologist • Company Name • 2005 – 2006
- Planned and conducted thin film membrane separate tests with standardized and plant process fluids.
- Operated and maintained two high pressure test skids for process separation, testing, and optimization.
- Designed and implemented preventative maintenance systems for all electrical and mechanical systems.
- Implemented a calibration program for all pressure and instrumentation used in research and development tests
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
BS, Electronics & Mechanical Systems – University Name / Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
* See the corresponding Field Service Manager cover letter sample.