10417 Gloucester Lane • Cheltenham, CA 99623
Home: 866.990.8821 • [email protected]
FINANCE OPERATIONS | SENIOR EXECUTIVE
Expert in: Process Analysis & Reengineering ~ Finance & Accounting ~ Technology Solutions
Versatile, high-energy executive who leads companies through change and challenge to profitable growth. Strategic problem-solver who envisions smart solutions and executes with urgency across all levels of the organization. Hands-on leader with an extensive background in finance complimented by diverse talents in technology, project management and leadership. Outstanding strategist who is able to deliver record breaking enhancements in highly competitive business markets. Skilled in negotiating partnerships and alliances with a keen ability to forecast industry trends and capture opportunities.
Financial Reporting ~ Business Planning & Development ~ Change Management ~ Budget Planning ~ P&L Management Analysis & Critical Problem Solving ~ Regulatory Compliance ~ Quality Customer Service ~ Strategic Planning ~ Project Management ~ Team Development & Leadership Productivity & Performance Improvement Quality Improvement ~ Contract Negotiations ~ Organization & Communication ~ Tactical Planning
KAISER PERMANENTE, Rockville, MD, 1997 – 2010
HMO serving Maryland, DC and Virginia with $1.2B in sales, 470K members and 5K employees.
Director of Membership Administration, 2001 – 2010
Progressive record of positions with increasing responsibility, culminating as Director of Membership Administration, leading the strategic and operational maintenance of more than 3K employer groups health insurance contracts and eligibility records of 470K members. Directed a $5M budget and 70 staff members and fully responsible for billing and collection efforts for more than $1B in insurance premiums. Consistently evaluated and redefined staff roles, cultivated Labor and Management partnership team, recommended technology improvement strategies to senior leaders and collaborated with Member Services and Account Management to enhance customer facing interaction. Developed and controlled $5M Finance departmental budget and administered and managed full scope of accounting activities, including cash flow, reporting, internal controls and change initiatives. Facilitated major technology projects and approved business requirements for solutions targeted to business objectives and system enhancement requests. Ensured performance accuracy of changes, managed system integrity tied to user access and terminations as Business Application owner of major insurance system. Managed business and technical project life cycles from inception through delivery while meeting all time and budget constraints. Attained maximum Return on Investment (ROI) based on business case criteria by effectively partnering with project teams.
- Recognized for success in developing systems, processes and cross-functional collaboration significantly streamlining corporate operations.
- Successfully restructured department in response to severe operating deficiencies across external departments, including high customer complaint rates from billing errors and inadequate service.
- Saved organization hundreds of thousands of dollars in labor savings as a result of innovative technology and process improvement initiatives.
- Reduced revenue outstanding from 11 days to 5 days; drastically reduced complaint volume in concert with streamlining workflow process by transitioning from manual to automated system.
- Drove 85% electronic enrollment increase by enhancing existing enrollment system.
- Ensured accuracy of all deliverables to achieve audit compliance and successfully maintained operations in accordance with established Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements through periodic review of internal control processes and implementing changes where appropriate.
WALTER PAYTON PAGE TWO
Manager of Membership Administration, 1999 – 2001
Earned fast-track promotions through a series of increasingly responsible positions, from Team Lead to Manager of Accounting to Manager of Membership Administration, based on strong performance in process optimization, productivity improvement and quality management. Reorganized staff accountability based on line of business to augment responsiveness and efficiency levels.
- Innovated departmental process to streamline cross-unit effectiveness and spearheaded awareness program improving end to end processes resulting from evaluation of overall all unit effects of individual unit functions.
- Improved reconciliation time from 90 days to 30 days by successfully implementing automated premium tool.
FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE
Regional Accounting Manager
Responsible for the management of the General Accounting, Payroll, Accounts Payable, and Cash Receipts functions for the Dialysis Services Division with revenues in excess of $185 million, 96 facilities, and over 1,900 employees.
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements, and the satisfaction of quarterly and year-end SEC 10Q and 10K filing requirements. Prepared company budget.
- Management of the General Accounting, Accounts receivable, Credit/ Collections, Payroll, and Accounts Payable functions.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Master of Science, Financial Management, University of Maryland, University College
Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Morgan State University
Executing and Guiding DMAIC Projects, Having Difficult Conversations, Strategic Leadership Skills
AHIP Executive Leadership Program, Performance Management, Facilitative Leadership
Certifications: Certified Health Insurance Executive (CHIE); America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
COMMITTEES AND TASK FORCES
Chairperson, Membership End to End Processing Steering Group
Chairperson, Online Employer Group Administration Committee
Member, Membership Community of Practice
Member, Membership System Strategy
Member, Fraud & Abuse Committee
Software: ADP IPP Payroll System, QuickBooks, Kronos Payroll Time Keeping System, Business Objects, Hyperion, MACESS, HSD Diamond, Integrated Insurance Systems