2000 Myoctopus Street, Central, CA 82982
[email protected], 916.799.2449
University of California - Santa Barbara: June 2007
Bachelor of Arts, Business/ Economics - Accounting emphasis
Double Minor: Sports Management, Athletic Coaching
Accounting: GPA: 3.4/4.0
Finance Intern, UCSB Finance Department, June '05 - August '06
- Worked Closely with the management of six departments to help project more than $2MM in annual budgets.
- Rectified more than $75,000 in accounting mistakes by reconciling dozens of monthly bank statements.
- Presented investment reports, meeting minutes, and several financial sections of Finance Board book presented to university Board of Directors.
- Helped prepare year-end audit materials and closing procedures for alumni programming.
- Work full-time in summers and 15-20 hours/week during school year while maintaining full course load.
Bookkeeper/ Office Manager, Flynn Embroidery, Santa Barbara, CA, February '05 - February '06
- Reduce invoicing errors 15% by helping execute migration to Microsoft Access invoicing system.
- Overhauled and implemented new automated monthly sales tax payment system.
- Introduced company's first-ever computerized system to back-up all accounting files.
- Managed $80,000 in monthly accounts receivables and payables across hundreds of vendors and customers.
- Processed all year-end closing procedures to balance out 2005.
- Executed payroll, tax, reconciliation, and account processing.
- Worked 10 hours/week while marinating full course load and other internship.
Vice-President Membership, Gamma Phi Beta Sonority, February '06 - Present
- Exceeded previous spring's recruitment totals by successfully filling house quota.
- Revamped week-long recruitment process for more than 400 women, by reorganizing internal structure.
- Oversee a staff of 20 membership team personnel.
- Introduced new initiate workshop, helping 37 members improve recruiting skills.
Teller, Goleta National Bank, Santa Barbara, CA, August '03 - February '05
- Administered key $500,000 - $1,000,000 sensitive accounts with ITI data system.
- Balanced more than $10,000/day in cash drawers, money orders, cashier checks and vault.
- Caught consumer "kiting" funds between two accounts.
Accounting Association, Member, 2005 - Present
VIDA, IRS Volunteer, prepared taxes for low income families, 2004
American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Volunteer 2006
UCSB Panhellenic Council, Programming Coordinator/ Risk Management, 2004 - 2006
Interests include: volleyball, snowboarding, and comedy shows.