YOLANDA SIMPSON, RN
333 Sherman Street, Brentwood, New York 5555, (555) 222-4444, [email protected]
Seeking a medical-surgical position within a progressive medical center
- Experienced Licensed Practical Nurse with strong patient care skills working within a nursing home setting.
- Hardworking and energetic; flexible; adapt easily to change of environment and work schedule.
- Maintain critical thinking skills essential to providing competent and dignified patient care.
- Personable with a positive attitude; interface effectively with patients, families, and nursing staff.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 2004; GPA 3.9
Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York
New York State Registered Nurse License, 2004, #5555555
CPR; BLS Certification
Long Island Rehabilitation Center, West Islip, New York | 9/99 - Present
Licensed Practical Nurse
Alternate between day shift (30-bed district) and evening shift (60-bed district) providing quality, long-term nursing care for adult to geriatric patients, exercising the four steps of the nursing process.
Upload high standards of nursing care for a diverse population of patients ranging from newborn to geriatric in a variety of settings including Medical Surgical, Pediatrics, ER, OR, PICU and Ambulatory Surgery.
Performed total patient assessments including neurologic, cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, genitourinary, IV site/ line, PICC lines, CVP lines, surgical/ trauma wound, nephrostomy tubes, trachiostomy, urinary catheters, NG tubes, G tubes, chest tubes, and ostomies.
- Educated patients and their families on disease processes, medical-surgical procedures, and board aspects of therapeutic regimens, including medication and pain management techniques.
- Attended In-service training on IV and PICC line management.
- As an observer, learned the legal role that chart-based medical records hold during court proceedings.
- Followed aseptic procedures and provided care in accordance with universal precautions with an emphasis on surgical/ traumatic wound care and debriding, intake and output, and ostomies.
- Administered oral and intramuscular and subcutaneous medications.
- Cared for prenatal and postpartum patients and their newborns, and evaluated fetal monitoring strips.
- Worked effectively with an interdisciplinary team, and performed accurate charting procedures.
- Successfully recommended and implemented changes to the Medical Unit regarding assignment delegation and prioritization, resulting in a higher standard of patient care and reassessed/ revised plan of care, as needed.