JESSE KENDALL - GROCERY STORE LEADERSHIP
123 Elm Street, Miami, 33183, H: 305.555.5555, [email protected]
Adept strategic planner with more than 20 years of experience in operations management and sales in freight forwarding/ transportation/ customs brokerage and retail/ grocery industries. Skilled in exceeding sales goals. Proficient in cost and expenditure control with an understanding of how productivity relates to larger financial challenges. Experienced in fast-paced environment and demonstrate strong organizing and multi-tasking skills.
GROCERY MANAGEMENT HISTORY
ABC SUPERMARKET, MIAMI, FL
GENERAL GROCERY STORE MANAGER, 20xx - 20xx: Oversaw all aspects of operations for three stores with more than 100 employees. Supervised and developed top performing direct reports, which included Store Managers, Corporate Buyer of Dry Goods, and Corporate Buyer of Meat. Performed cost-conscious financial planning and management, directing cost and revenue at corporate level, checking bank balances, and conducting bank reconciliation. Led results-oriented marketing efforts and sales, performing market research and meeting with Owner to become informed on sales data and P/L. Met with managers to ensure company policies, directions, and expectations were understood and implemented. Supervised merchandising at corporate level. Provided customer relations management.
- Reduced costs 30% in four months by implementing strategic plan during challenging economic climate.
- Decreased labor costs 20% by training employees on multi-tasking and encouraging Store Managers to become hands-on, ready to perform any task when needed.
- Saved labor costs by providing solution to meat display cooler service requirements.
- Preserved labor costs by consolidating Meat, Shellfish, and Seafood Departments into one department.
- Reduced COGS 10%, minimizing purchase of luxury items by merchandising necessities.
BCD GROCERY, MIAMI, FL
GENERAL GROCERY STORE MANAGER, 20xx - 20xx: Directed total store-level operations, which included hiring, training, and evaluating employees and creating their work schedules, reporting to Owner, and managing more than 50 employees. Performed visually appealing merchandising, health code enforcement, customer relations, tenant relations, payouts, bank deposits, and in-house bookkeeping. Devised sales goals and forecasts, managed budgets, and monitored P/L. Met daily with Department Head and Assistant Manager to review issues and expectations and discuss merchandise orders. Inspected merchandise quality. Evaluated sales from previous day. Monitored cleanliness of store and performed troubleshooting. Attracted customers by offering more variety in international foods.
- Directed successful build-up of new 65,000 sq. ft. grocery store, which included coordinating contractors and equipment, acquiring all necessary permits, monitoring and ensuring POS, hiring and training all personnel, organizing and promoting grand opening, and leasing out available in-store space. Managed on-time build-up of store. Helped design POS system.
- Produced $12 million in sales in 2007, 25% more than forecasted. Led Wholesale Sales Team (selling merchandise to restaurants and smaller grocery stores) in contributing 10% of total sales market.
- Won bid for two local events, which increased store exposure and improved community relations.
- Commended for securing in-store renters for leased space within six months. Possessed flawless Department Head and Assistant Manager turnover track record.
- Promoted to General Manager after adding tremendous value to company during 18 months of service.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
Bachelor of Business Administration, XYZ University, Miami, FL
MS Office; Windows; Mac; QuickBooks; MS Retail Management System; Pascal; BASIC; Database Language (dBASE IV, dBASE V)