555-XXX-XXXX, [email protected], LinkedIn address
HEAD OF CARGO
A global executive, who excels in turnaround and innovation, offers a proven track record of success in finding and opening new markets, fixing troubled businesses, recovering lost revenues, and producing record profits. Known for overcoming obstacles in both mature and emerging markets, achieving fast and sustainable results. Offers added value as a training leader, mentoring high potentials, overseeing adoption of best practices, and ensuring compliance.
Strategic Planning, Startups/Turnarounds, Market Penetration, Team Leadership
P&L Management, Pricing Strategies, Contract Negotiations, Process Improvement, Vendor Relations, Sales Leadership, Best Practices/Six Sigma, Supply Chain/Logistics, Business Development, Partnership Building, Customer Service, Labor Relations
Select Career Highlights
- Led Company Name in realizing double-digit profit and sales growth within six months of assuming leadership; renegotiated vendor contracts to lower costs 15% and expanding business offerings to lift revenue 25%.
- Grew revenue production for Company Name 100%+ by introducing new products and leading a shift in sales culture; realized profitability in cargo within three months, growing from 100 to 1,300 tons per month.
- Slashed Company Name’s regulatory fines 62% by providing comprehensive staff training and liaising with regulators to ensure full government and industry compliance.
- Elevated Country Operation to a profitable business line amidst economic and cultural unrest; exceeded revenue targets by as much as $2M (or 20%).
Head of Cargo – Company Name (2013 – 2016)
Recruited by CEO to lead/grow cargo and ground-handling business, with emphasis on increasing market penetration and operational improvements in order to drive revenue and profit growth; led 500+ direct/indirect reports.
- Introduced a new pricing structure that reduced volatility and improved cash flow 20%.
- Added new high-value offerings to expand revenue production by up to $2M per month.
- Expanded ground handling and supply chain contracts and generated new business with global companies; set stage for future growth via country turnaround, new launches, and lean operations.
- Turned around a 20% decline in the country to produce 30+% growth within 12 months of assuming leadership.
- Launched profitable hubs in UAE and in Egypt that averaged 10% YOY growth rates for three consecutive years.
- Replaced outdated IT system with a less costly, more efficient software solution to boost efficiency and quality of business intelligence; negotiated a 10% savings with the vendor.
- Built bench strength and cut overhead by developing existing employees and hiring high-potential talent.
Professional Overview continued...
Regional Manager – Gulf, Middle East & Africa – Company Name (2009 – 2013)
Recruited to manage the cargo business and drive profitability despite strong competition, union issues, and government ownership; managed 150 team members while serving as the face of the company.
- Transitioned sales team from “presentation” to consultative sales and personally negotiated high-value deals; expanded gross revenues 150% while increasing net profit 110% over previous business year.
- Improved quality while reducing staff 78%, working with unions to condense four offices into two.
- Boosted sales and lowered overhead through a new distribution model and a redesigned commission structure.
- Introduced delivery timelines and ensured financial compliance by implementing transparent processes/tools.
- Mentored the next generation of company leaders by developing high potential staff.
Country Manager, Saudi Arabia – Company Name (2006 – 2009)
Managed 70+ team members in providing business cargo and passenger services in Saudi Arabia; improved customer satisfaction, open new revenue opportunities, and served as liaison to government agencies and labor groups.
- Restored profitability at four stations within two months of assuming leadership.
- Broke KPI records, achieving 85% seat occupancy and 99% on-time performance.
- Lowered operations costs by ensuring strict GSA financial compliance and consolidating operations.
- Negotiated agreements with subsidiaries, partners, and industry-leading clients.
- Created business plans to add six new destinations.
Country Manager, Sri Lanka & South India – Company Name (2004 – 2006)
Managed 40+ direct and indirect reports as well as a network of retail agents; fostered employee loyalty and quality performance by providing merit-based bonuses and enhancing the work environment.
- Turned the Sri Lanka business around in the wake of civil unrest and fiscal loss and prevented closure; achieved profitability while building a dedicated cargo team in India and Sri Lanka.
- Steered media/sales teams in digital campaigns, developed new products, and launched a new brand; increased market share 20% as a result, earning “Best Turnaround” award.
- Collaborated with banks/vendors to reduce handling costs $100K+ and prevent credit card fraud.
- Account Manager – Cargo, Central India – Company Name (2003 – 2004)
- Passenger Sales & Service Agent, Central India – Company Name (2001 – 2002)
Education & Credentials
MBA – University Name | BA, English Literature – University Name
Diploma, Foundation in Travel & Tourism – University Name