JANE DOE, MBA, BSN, RN
Phone • Email
HEALTHCARE IT MANAGER
Blends business acumen and technical expertise with significant nursing experience, including tenure as a Critical Care Nurse, to develop or select tools, processes, and software that meets the needs of busy healthcare operations. Offers a deep understanding of patient services, including chart audit/review, healthcare support, regulatory compliance, doctor/physician collaboration, and employee training on healthcare systems. Possesses the expertise to positively impact sales and business development while minimizing risk and protecting the operation’s bottom-line profitability. Excels at communicating and partnering with diverse stakeholders, from healthcare providers to nursing staff/MDs to patients.
Core Strengths: Needs Analysis – Vendor Relations – Negotiations – Project Management – Compliance – Auditing – Training & Development – Strategic Planning – Quality Control – Policy Development – Process Improvement – Risk Management – MCG/CMS – HER/EMAR/EMR – HAIs/CLABSI Reporting – Utilization Review – ICD-10 – HIPPA
SELECT CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Assigned to Hospital Name to implement and launch all new software and EHR for a premier hospital, overseeing implementation and support for more than 200 different applications.
- Provided education to 500+ users/staff/physicians for new implementations and updates/upgrades of EHR.
- Worked on the implementation of Tele-tracking and e-Prescribing systems to enhance hospital capabilities, operational efficiencies, and the overall patient experience.
- Proved vital for Hospital Name’s implementation of Eclipsys and MedHost EHR while overseeing communications for the conversion and provision of gap analysis to uncover issues prior to go-live date.
Company Name | 2015 – Present
Senior Clinical Analyst
- Organize and manage theclinical component of clinical information system implementations at the facility level, working in close coordination with C-level executives.
- Build within theclinical system processes to support increased and/or advanced clinical functions, such as CPOE, clinical decision support, e-Prescribing, problem lists, and physician documentation.
- Validate all chart documentation for compliance to CMS guidelines and healthcare government regulations.
- Apply advanced knowledge and leading-edge skills inmulti-platform clinical application implementations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training strategies and materials and recommend changes.
- Analyzeclinical systems to identify functional gaps and research potential solutions.
- Provide education to staff concerning new implementations and updates/upgrades of EHR.
Company Name | 2012 – 2015
Utilization Review & Case Management RN
- Completed CMS and MCG reviews for compliance, capturing avoidable days w/Compare AD.
- Held discussion of complex discharge cases with C-Level management and physicians.
- Evaluated patient’s charts to facilitate discussion with physician, pharmacist, and insurance companies while also handling the potential escalation process as needed.
- Served as the preceptor for new staff for EPIC and MCG training.
Professional Overview Continued…
Hospital Name | 2010 – 2012
Emergency Room RN/informatics Resource Nurse
- Acted as an ER Nurse and Preceptor, working primarily in oncology and transplant departments.
- Worked as Informatics RN, overseeing implementation of Eclipsys and MedHost EHR; handled communications between hospital units and Information Systems for conversion of Meditech to Eclipsys/MedHost.
- Completed crosswalks and gap analyses, uncovering issues prior to go-live date.
Hospital Name | 2007 – 2010
Cardiac & Stroke Floor RN
- Served as super user for Medical Records Documentation Meditech and MIDAS.
- Worked as preceptor for new RN’s and GN’s as a Cardiac Specialist.
- Delivered presentation of evidence-based best practices to staff.
- Served on Meditech, Infection Control, and Wound Care Committees.
Hospital Name | 2000 – 2007
PACU RN/ER RN
- Served as Critical Care Nurse for patients recovering from surgery and general anesthesia until they were stabilized and transferred to appropriate level/areas of care; worked with dozens of patients each day.
- Acted as a super user for Meditech and T-Systems.
- Mentored new graduate RN’s in PACU and ER operations.
- Served on committees concerning patient care and nursing education.
- Completed patient safety reporting for HAIs (CLABSI and SCIP), representing PACU and OR.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
MBA – University Name / BS, Nursing – University Name
Registered Nurse (RN) (#765455) – State
Technical Skills: EPIC, MCG, Cerner, CSPI, Eclipsys, MedHost, T-Systems, Meditech, CPN, EHR, EMR, CMS, EMAR, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, EDI, Outlook, CAD, GIZA, GEMMS, ATLAS, Visio. ACLS, PALS, BLS, and NIH Stroke Certifications
Member and Supporter of the National Charity League, Shoes for Orphan Souls, Lymphoma & Leukemia Society, National Kidney Foundation, American Heart Association, American Lung Association, and Habitat for Humanity
* See the corresponding Healthcare IT Manager cover letter sample.