123 Elm Street • Miami, FL 33183
305-555-5555 • [email protected]
SKILLED HELP DESK TECHNICIAN
Career history of providing fast problem determination and thorough analysis. Proven ability to provide clear answers to non-technical customer questions and implement process improvements. Superior customer service skills with ability to balance technical support with interpersonal rapport.
ABC Systems, Miami, FL
Help Desk Technician, 20xx – Present
Play an integral role in communication information systems integrity and reliability in support of 3,000 users. Maintain NIPR, SIPR, and Centrix systems across a multi-national user population and respond to rapid notification and VIP issues. Advise users and information management users on proper hardware/ software utilization, installation, and user permissions. Update anti-virus and confirm software applications authorizations in adherence to organizational protocols. Perform remote installations, manage workstations, switch connectivity tests, and set up Cisco VoIP phones.
- Selected to teach comprehensive information management officer classes on the basics of Active Directory. Delivered classes on hard drive cleanup, software and printer troubleshooting, mapping drives, and network policies.
- Minimized user downtime and resolved issues immediately during an upgrade from Office 2003 to 2007. Played a key role in the upgrade to Internet Explorer 7.
- Provided users with comprehensive training on uses of Outlook and Word applications.
- Recognized for professionalism, excellence, and resourcefulness; immediately responded to issues for the Four Star Multi-National Force Iraq Commanding General and other top leaders across the International Zone.
BCD Technologies, Miami, FL
Help Desk Technician, 20xx – 20xx
Maintained daily Novell and Windows NT operations support for US Customs and Border Patrol's National Help Desk (NHD). Oversaw online support and password management for DHS, UCS, and CBP employees, including all field agents worldwide with over 50,000 end users, VPN mobile users, and all field LAN administrators in the US and foreign countries worldwide. Administered password security using DynaComm Elite, cc:Mail, and cc:Remote password management systems. Ensured users access to mainframe systems, e.g., TECS, PICS, and access to the local area network (LAN/WAN). Provided users with access to online training systems.
- Furnished first, second, and third tier technical and management support to field and local clients.
- Monitored Novell servers for ATS-Passenger, ATS-Narcotics, US-Visit production, Resmon A-B Airline Reservation Systems, and 14 related miscellaneous servers.
- Ensured proper access for 150,000 users to the LAN/WAN.
- Coordinated major issues with the Situation Room and Communications Departments.
- Effectively communicated major events and VIP employee status to the Duty Officer.
Associate's Degree in Computer Information Systems (Magna Cum Laude), 20XX
XYZ UNIVERSITY, Miami, FL
KEY COURSES: Operating System Concepts, Programming, Computer Networking, Computer Science, Information Systems Security, Web Development, Accounting, Business Administration
Proficient in MS Office, Crystal Reports, Visio, Captivate, Siebel CRM, EIMS (Inventory Management), Epicor (Vendor Order Management), Macromedia Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Authorware, Adobe Photoshop, PageMaker, Eudora, Meeting Maker, Cogix ViewsFlash/ MySQL Database, Camtasia Studio, Remedy Action Request, Symantec Client