300 West Gate Drive • San Jose, CA 98015
(555) 555-5555 • [email protected]
SENIOR HELP DESK / TECHNICAL SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
- Accomplished Senior Help Desk professional with 10+ years experience in Computer Operations, Technical and Help Desk support.
- 8 years of progressive computer/ network operations experience in large global data centers with mixed computing environment including Unix, Windows NT/2000 and interconnected mainframe.
- 7 years providing Help Desk support to thousands of users worldwide, earning a solid reputation for productivity, complex problem resolution and professionalism.
- Excellent communication and diagnostic skills, consistently solve problems reputation for productivity, complex problem resolution and professionalism.
- Proactive self-starter known to initiate process and system improvements to increase system stability and staff productivity.
- Windows 9x Client & Server
- Windows NT 4.0/ 2000
- MVS/ ESA
- UNIX/ DOS
- MS Office 97/ 2000
- TCP/ IP
- HP Openview
- IBM/ AIX 4.1
- OS/ 290
- FTP/ NDM
- Boole & Babbage
- DPU/ MacAfee
- MS Exchange
- BMC Patrol
- Command Post
- VPN/ SecurID
HELP DESK TECHNICIAN / ADVISOR, DEC 2000 – DEC 2002
CREDIT SUISSE FIRST BOSTON, PRINCETON, NJ, (RELOCATED)
One of the world's largest securities firms in terms of financial resources, with approximately $13.9 billion in revenues in 2001 and 10$ billion in equity and $406 billion in assets.
Provided first-level technical support for global IT infrastructure supporting 35,000+ employees throughout the U.S. and overseas. Troubleshooted hardware, software and connectivity issues for a mixed Unix, Windows NT/ 2000 and mainframe environment. Additionally supported Expense Processing and E-Procurement, voicemail, telephone and BPX systems. Challenged to provide timely resolutions to support mission-critical application users.
- Achieved the highest levels of productivity, handling over 1,000 calls per week and averaging 200+ calls daily.
- Earned solid reputation for resolving complex issues and providing exceptional customer service.
- Promoted to assume additional responsibilities as Technical Advisor providing expert guidance to Help Desk staff.
- Assisted users with policies and procedures for setting up conference calls, new accounts, web/ network presentations and voice mail.
- Provided special assistance to key departments including Equity, Fixed Income, Investment Banking and Executive Support. Supported remote access using Dialup/ VPN SecurID.
- Leveraged extensive experience in multiple operating environment including mainframe connectivity and security, Windows NT/ 2000 workstation and server and Unix.
- Escalated issues as needed and maintained communication with customer and Technical teams. Extensively utilized Remedy to record and track issues.
- Independently designed new staffing schedule to improve nighttime coverage and reduce cost of overtime.
- Worked independently on Sundays providing sole support for international operations.
- Demonstrated exceptional skills in professionalism and responsiveness across a wide variety of areas.
JANE HARRISON, PAGE 2
SEI INVESTMENT, WAYNE, PA, JUN 1997 – JUL 2000
Leading global provider of asset management and investment technology solutions processing almost $50 trillion of investment transactions annually through 21 offices in 10 countries.
SYSTEM OPERATIONS, JAN 1999 – JUL 2000
Promoted to support worldwide system and network infrastructure consisting of 20 Windows NT servers and 6 Unix servers interconnected with mainframe through Cisco routers. Investigated and resolved performance issues demonstrating strong diagnostic skills across multiple platforms.
- Proactively identified potential areas for wide system outage and initiated analysis and resolution.
- Monitored all master hardware and performance consoles. Resolved issues with DPU Gateway, Hubs/ Routers/ Circuits, AS/ 400 and Support Center Voice Response Unit. Maintained critical data feeds.
- Coordinated and implemented Change Control in collaboration with technical teams.
- Optimized systems performance and spool utilization. Responded to system hardware/ software error messages, storage and hardware configuration problems.
- Ensured that critical JES links were active and Output, NDM queues were operational.
- Provided after hours support for Network, Help Desk and NT Client/ Server environments.
SUPPORT CENTER ANALYST, JUN 1997 – JAN 1999
First point of contact for internal user community of 2,000 plus an additional 1,500 users representing 40 of the nation's leading banks.
- Played key role in reengineering Support Center to improve responsiveness and customer satisfaction.
Established best practices in Server and Network support and trained technical staff.
- Authored Service Level Agreement for internal/ external customers for user/ security administration.
- Initiated Shift Turnover report to continue customer communications for unresolved issues.
- Selected to create new procedures to improve department productivity and train new team members.
- Diagnosed and resolved hardware/ software connectivity issues. Created user accounts for NT 4.0 and Winframe/ Critix servers. Resolved improperly configured settings.
- Supported clients during 24-48 hour Disaster Recovery tests assisting with migration to DR site.
DOW JONES AND COMPANY, PRINCETON, NJ, AUG 1985 – JUN 1997
Leading publisher of the world's most vital business and financial news and information.
Successive career progression through computer and network operations into Help Desk support:
- Computer Operator, 1985 – 1988
- Network Operations, 1988 – 1989
- Senior Network Operator, 1989 – 1991
- Help Desk Specialist, 1991 – 1993
LEAD HELP DESK SPECIALIST, 1993 – 1997
First level support for 40-server Unix-based system interconnected with mainframe supporting 13,000 global users.
- Problem-solved issues with PC clients, Server hardware/ software, mainframe and Dow Jones online products. Provided first level administration of Unix based email systems.
- Launched user feedback survey based on input from Help Desk Institute to gauge customer satisfaction and support Continuous Improvement.
- Consistently recognized for Superior Performance and featured in Dow Jones newsletter.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Harris County Community College | Harris, NJ | Network Administration
LANOPS | Bensalem, PA | NT 4.0 Workstation and Server, Networking | 2000
COMPUTEACH | Yardley, PA | MCSA 2000 certification course | 2003
Villanova University | 1998
Intensive training in Database Fundamentals, Financial Planning, Software Engineering, Client/ Server