See the corresponding Higher Education cover letter sample.
[email protected] | 323-156-0087
5637 California Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90002
Higher education professional seeking mid-level management role in student affairs. Experience in supervision, residence life, career services, admissions, student advocacy, and assessment.
Fresno State University, M.A. in Higher Education, Administration & Leadership (May 2016)
University of Northern Colorado, B.A. in Psychology, Minor in Gender Studies (May 2010)
Western Connecticut State University (Danbury, CT)
Assistant Director, Career Development Center (July 2016 – Present)
- Supervise two graduate assistants and one employer engagement coordinator.
- Manage recruitment programs matching students and alumni with employers seeking qualified candidates.
- Counsel students and alumni in career planning and effective job search strategies.
- Increase employer participation in center activities via personal visits, mail solicitation, and networking.
- Create innovative student programs addressing women and minority career development needs.
- Increase student participation in center activities by establishing relationships with faculty, student organizations, administrative staff, and updating the center’s newsletter.
- Implement networking events for students involving corporations, government agencies and alumni.
- Facilitate activities in culture exploration, career development, and fundraising for student organizations.
- Certified in Strong Interest Inventory (SII) and StrengthsFinder facilitation.
Fresno State University (Fresno, CA)
Graduate Assistant for Housing and Residential Life (August 2014 – May 2016)
- Supervised 10 Residential Assistants (RAs) serving two apartment-style residential halls.
- Mediated conflicts with RAs and with students when beyond scope of RA responsibilities.
- Designed and implemented residential education plan focused on personal and professional development.
- Partnered with Career Development Center to host transferrable skills workshop series with RAs.
- Responded to crises weekly while “on call” for university housing.
- Met one-on-one with RAs weekly and reviewed personal development plans with them.
Clovis Community College (Fresno, CA)
Career Development Intern (January 2016 – May 2016)
- Provided academic and vocational guidance to students in career prep and transfer prep programs.
- Developed mock interview assessment tool that aligns with university student learning outcomes.
- Created presentations for students and staff on topics such as resumes and professional communication.
University of Northern Colorado (Greeley, CO)
Admissions Officer (June 2010 – August 2014)
- Recruited a qualified and diverse student body by meeting with prospective students and families daily.
- Visited secondary schools and community colleges across Colorado to educate on UNC’s programs.
- Reviewed applications for competitive business programs with selective admissions standards.
- Benchmarked admissions data with UNC’s peer and goal institutions, delivering comprehensive report to Admissions Director and other university officials.
- Independently developed promotional materials for office using Adobe InDesign.
Western Connecticut Student Affairs Professional of the Year Award, received July 2019
NASPA: Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education, member since 2014
- Co-Chair of Gender and Sexuality Knowledge Community
- Co-presented at 2018 Annual Conference
National Career Development Association (NCDA), member since 2016