Phone Number / Email Address
HUMAN RESOURCES / BENEFITS MANAGER
A proven HR leader offers extensive experience in administering employee health and welfare benefits for the large workforces in the US and Canada. Provides effective plan/vendor management, capturing the best possible coverage at the most effective price for the company and employees. Excels in identifying areas for improvement and implementing process enhancements that drive efficiency, quality, cost savings, and employee satisfaction.
Human Resources – Benefits Management – Communications – Budgeting/Financial Analysis Customer Service – Process Improvement – Labor Relations – Regulatory Compliance – Budgeting Negotiations – Vendor Management – Cost Controls – Pension Plan Calculations – Annual Audits
SELECT CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Conducted in-house audits that uncovered $5M in rate and accrual issues created by the system transition team; developed an Access Database to correct the issue and assist with billing reconciliations.
- Designed a continuous process improvement proposal that resulted in $1M savings and an ADAA interactive process for employees with disabilities with potential savings of $600K in penalties and fines.
- Provided vendor selection and management while overseeing plan design, costing models, census data, and cost history for quotes; achieved 35% benefits cost savings within one year.
Company Name (2005 – 2017)
Senior Benefits Specialist
- Served as daily administrator for US 401(k) and Canadian RRSP and DCPP pension plans for hundreds of employees.
- Partnered with HRIS to develop and troubleshoot interface vendor files.
- Managed Ultimate software benefits module configuration for both the US and Canada.
- Processed payments and managed general ledger/payroll reconciliation for 20+ billings/invoices each month.
- Served as point of contact for regional human resources, plant managers and administrators, assisting with the open enrollment process and other tasks as needed.
- Developed a consistent process to secure waiver/continuation of life for disabled employees; limited future liability for the company while providing employees and their families with peace of mind.
Company Name (2000 – 2005)
- Led administration and compliance of the 125 cafeteria plan, self-funded medical, dental, short-/long-term disability, multiple HMOs, PPO networks, flexible spending accounts, group/executive life, and 401k savings plans, including managing monthly billings, invoices, annual audits, and 5500 preparation.
- Ensured ERISA compliance (SMM, SPD, and SAR) as well as COBRA, HIPAA, and FMLA compliance.
- Supervised HRIS report writing, data management, and data file transmittals.
- Reviewed and managed the merger/termination of acquisition company plans.
- Generated 20% benefit cost savings by addressing subrogation claims and unrecognized stop loss reimbursements.
EDUCATIONAL & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
BA, Human Resources – University Name
Human Resources Management Life, Health and Other Group Benefit Programs
Technical Skills: MS Office, Business Objects, Great Plains, SAP, Oracle, and Cognos