JAKE DOE, PHR
2222 Windy Street • Dallas, Texas 75219
222.222.2222 • [email protected]
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER | COMPENSATION SPECIALIST
Competitive Strategist, Employee Advocate, Change Agent
Versatile, passionate human resources professional with history of success leading strategic and operational initiatives within startup and well-established multinational corporations. Focused analyst driven to identify business needs and develop plans to deliver tangible results. Employee advocate who champions staff confidence and designs strategies to attract and retain critical talent in highly competitive markets.
Fluent in spoken and written Spanish and Chinese.
HUMAN RESOURCES PERFORMANCE
TEXAS TECHNOLOGIES, Dallas, Texas, 2008 – Present
Business and Compensation Strategy | Budget Deployment | Competitive Analysis | Talent Retention
Recruited to direct compensation strategy and execution for more than 3,000 employees in 10+ countries within 3 divisions of $12 billion multinational corporation. Partnered with business unit Executive Vice President and executives from other areas to identify business needs and execute strategies to ensure profitability and competitive edge in talent market.
- Spearheaded design and implementation of comprehensive compensation analysis tool that drastically reduced time spent generating employee data needed for assessments and freed time for HR analysts to focus on strategic initiatives.
- Directed annual focal, coaching EVP and other executives to efficiently deploy compensation tools such as bonuses, promotions, and base increases while accounting for overall business impact.
- Consulted with CEO and Board of Directors regarding findings of competitive analysis of BOD compensation practices and structure and made recommendations to address competitive shortcomings.
- Mastered complexities of business operations and strategies to assess revenue preservation and provide sound advice on compensation strategies.
- Orchestrated companywide off-cycle compensation process, targeting critical talent for bonuses, base salary increases, and other incentives to ensure retention of top employees.
- Garnered recognition as top 3% performer by earning Special Summer Equity Program award.
- Earned Project Execution Excellence award.
MRE TELECOMMUNICATIONS, Dallas, Texas, 2005 – 2008
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Business Development | HR Strategy | Talent Acquisition and Retention | Benefits Administration
Built human resources functions in North America from ground up, positioning multinational company for strong growth in U.S. market. Spearheaded HR operations at 3 U.S. sites for $4 billion Chinese corporation, adjusting strategy and functions as U.S. employee count grew from 6 to several hundred. Created and implemented HR policies and practices, administered benefits and enrollment, and processed payroll in 5 states.
- Saved company $250,000 in annual benefits costs by recognizing need to adjust insurance plans as employee pool grew and assessing employees' top concerns and needs regarding coverage.
- Bridged cultural divide and addressed business differences between East and West by designing and executing training course to help U.S. and Chinese employees better understand ways of operating.
- Attracted and retained top talent and dramatically increased diversity hires across all departments.
- Improved company's initial impression with new hires by creating comprehensive, professional packet of company vision, statement, and documentation along with streamlined introductory process.
- Consulted with CEO and senior management as team lead for HRIS implementation, evaluating bids, executing implementation, and training staff on system.
- Earned recognition as Employee of the Quarter for Q4 2006.
TEXAS UNIVERSITY, Bachelor of Arts in Asian Studies, magna cum laude, 2003
Minor in Business Administration
GOVERNMENT OF SINGAPORE, Fellowship, Post-Baccalaureate Immersion Studies, 2003 – 2005
Professional in Human Resources (PHR), The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Great Resumes Fast
is a professional resume writing and interview coaching firm that assists job seekers at every level secure interviews and job offers. They create dynamic, best-in-class resumes and cover letters that consistently deliver results. Great Resumes Fast also offers writers with specialization in Federal Resume Writing, Executive Level and C-Suite, Information Technology, Sales and Management.