ROBERT A. MARTIN
1235 McCracken Dr., Monaca, PA 15061
(212) 775-1965, [email protected]
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
A highly organized, take charge professional with more than twenty years of Human Resources and recruiting experience. Strong problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to develop and implement effective action plans. Demonstrated experience in the coordination of all aspects of recruiting, training and retaining quality employees. Commitment to detail in doing the job right the first time in completing all projects. Excellent communication and presentation skills. A team leader, providing motivation and training by example.
- Compensation & Bonus Programs
- Benefits Administration
- Labor Laws
- Mentoring Programs
- Development Delivery of Military Training Programs
- Recruiting, Screening & Hiring
- Conflict Resolution
- Computer Literate
U.S. Army, Pittsburgh, PA
U.S. Army Recruiter, 2005 to Present
- Provided information on employment opportunities to potential recruits.
- Interviewed college applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills and advised potential recruits of career benefits offered by the military.
- Presented formal and informal talks at civic and service organizations and student bodies.
- Bolstered recruitment efforts using competitive strategies, market analysis and effective communication.
Human Resources Manager, 1991 to 2005
- Supervised a team of seven clerical personnel in support of 1,000 employees.
- Planned and carried out policies relating to all phases of personnel activity.
- Kept record of insurance coverage, pension plan and personnel transactions, such as hires, promotions, transfers and terminations.
- Prepared reports and recommended procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Wrote, designed and produced Standard Operating Procedures of Human Resource functions streamlining efficiency.
- Amended the existing drug policy reducing the processing time required by approximately 50%.
Human Resources Specialist, 1986 to 1994
- Revised finance Standard Operating Procedures to streamline pay inquiries, resulting in dramatic reduction of pay problems.
- Reduced late pay transactions by 87%.
- Responsible for the training, guidance, professional development, and welfare of 11 administrative personnel assigned to the section.
- Maintained an HRIS database: tracking incoming and outgoing soldiers and all pertaining personnel records.
Touro University International, Cypress, CA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration, 2005
Graduated Magna Cum Laude
JOB RELATED TRAINING COURSES
Human Resources Management (2004), Recruiting and Retention (2004), Personnel Managers Course (1999), Advanced Leadership Training (1997), Primary Leadership Development (1989), Personnel Administrative Specialist (1986)
Available upon request.