243 Sparks Street • Atlanta, GA 30058
866.990.8821 • [email protected]
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST / RECRUITER
Expert in: Administration ~ Staff Support ~ Policy Interpretation
Versatile, high-energy professional who supports and enhances Human Resources initiatives by driving results and contributing to team efforts by accomplishing established goals. Keen ability to partner with various departments to understand business objectives and identify corresponding Human Resource needs. Proven capability to identify training needs and provide information concerning training approaches and content. Hands-on leader who expertly leads teams and keeps them focused and productive beyond organization's expectations. Provides policy interpretation and ensures accurate and consistent application of all organization policies and procedures in accordance with federal and state laws.
Customer Service ~ Recruitment ~ Sales/ Marketing ~ Report Production ~ Organization & Communication Data Analysis ~ Client Retention ~ Staff Management & Leadership ~ Budget Planning ~ Administration New Employee Orientation ~ Growth Strategies ~ Logistics ~ Strategic Planning
WELLPOINT, Atlanta, GA | 2006 – 2010
Largest health plan company in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Group Underwriter (National Accounts)
Provide the evaluation and analysis of risks, calculating financial products available for group business in conjunction with current position and direction. Verify member eligibility for coverage under current company provisions, ensuring use of compliant materials and validating all rating action is compliant to federal and state laws. Prepare and distribute supporting documentation for standard renewal or proposal packages.
- Work closely with sales department to provide healthcare benefit quotes for retaining and recruiting accounts.
- Assist sales and marketing departments in open-enrollment recruitment.
Account Service Representative (National Accounts)
Supervised 15 Customer Service Representatives and conducted open-enrollment meetings for accounts. Provided support functions and tasks relative to new business sales, customer service, and marketing activities. Maintained regular reports on new sales opportunities and provided completion, monitoring, and follow-up of quote submissions prior to completion of the sales process.
- Received a $500 spot award for superior service concerning a company account.
- Provided support for Sales and Account Management by completing required reporting and coordinating projects.
KEVIN THORN, PAGE TWO
Customer Service Representative
Provided full service to members, providers, group administrators, and brokers by processing health care claims, handling inquiries, and performing membership functions. Analyzed situations and completed research to ensure no rework or follow-up issues arose. Interacted with systems to ensure claims were paid or denied based on terms of contract.
- Handled all incoming inquiries via telephone, correspondence, and e-mail regarding membership, claims, and eligibility issues.
- Mentored and trained incoming customer service representatives.
HEALTHCARE SERVICE GROUP, Detroit, MI | 2003 – 2006
A provider of housekeeping, laundry/ linen, and food/ dietary services for healthcare and long-term care facilities.
Director of Environmental Services
Established and reviewed standards and work procedures for all housekeeping staff in accordance with the facility's established policies and practices. Planned work schedules, areas of work, and job duties to ensure adequate housekeeping services were rendered. Interviewed, hired, oriented, trained and supervised all facility housekeeping personnel.
- Conducted regular staff meetings and communicated with members of other departments to coordinate all housekeeping activities.
- Scheduled major project work, assuring adequate staff and supplies were available to complete duties.
BLUE CARE NETWORK OF MICHIGAN, Detroit, MI | 1997 – 2003
Provider of health care and Medicare plans in the state of Michigan.
Grievance and Coordinator
- Handled all incoming member grievances and appeals within company's stated deadlines.
- Produced monthly reports regarding appeal trends and the time taken for appeals to be resolved.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Bachelors of Arts Degree
Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI
National Association of Healthcare Executives – Member
Internship, Sinai Hospital Human Resources Department