123 Elm Street • Miami, FL 33183 • (305) 555-5555 • [email protected]
Competent and results-oriented professional with extensive experience in industrial engineering management. Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SAP, AutoCAD 2000. Consistently promoted into positions of increased responsibility. Fluent in English and Spanish. Black Belt Technical Certification.
- Quality Systems
- JIT/ Kan-Ban
- Project Management
- Lean Manufacturing
- Improvement Techniques
- Strategic and Tactical Planning
- Staff Leadership
- Process Development
- Budget Management
Industrial Engineer, ABC Enterprises, Miami, FL, 20xx – 20xx
Completed and participated in new plant projects. Coordinated and interfaced between the project team and plant personnel in layout design, installation review, process validation, and results analysis for the project, scrap, lines capability, and productivity improvements. Oversaw Delphi manufacturing systems, lean techniques, and applications to assure better resource utilization. Analyzed productivity trends and manufacturing metrics. Developed documentation and action plans for PFD, PFMEA, and PCP projects. Supervised staff of 30 employees.
- Saved $5,000 per month by improving parameters and reducing scrap in the solder equipment.
- Controlled labor costs at two plants, saving $1.9 and $1.6 million.
Divisional Industrial Engineer, BCD Vehicles, Miami, FL, 20xx – 20xx
Directed all activities for three stamping and seven component plants. Tracked hourly and salary manpower levels at each plant. Analyzed validity of additional staffing requests based on year-end targets. Communicated with UAW leadership regarding productivity, shift operations, and volume changes.
- Developed cost estimates for future stamping work on new car programs, including die configuration, equipment capabilities, and manpower requirements.
- Selected to travel to other plants to improve processes, systems, and profitability.
- Exceeded manpower reduction targets for entire division for three consecutive years.
- Saved $1.8 million by implementing direct ship program to Austria.
- Reduced the service of outside consolidation by 60%.
Industrial Engineer, CDE Plant, Miami, FL, 20xx – 20xx
Oversaw budget development and capacity planning for the Plant. Evaluated labor, tooling, and physical site costs with the purpose of identifying opportunities for improvement. Managed negotiations with the union and non-union work force. Ensured compliance with operational performance standards.
- Applied best practice based manufacturing and logistics management techniques to the production process.
- Reduced labor costs by $3 million dollars through effective process streamlining, increased work floor space by 23% through application of Kanbans, and enhanced process throughput 9% by applying lean manufacturing principles.
Master of Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering
University of XYZ, Miami, FL
Industrial Engineer, Major in Electronics
XYZ University, Miami, FL
CERTIFICATION & TRAINING
Lean Manager | Lean Academy Trainer | Constraints Manager Trainer | Green Belt Technical Certification, Delphi FMEA, SMED, APQP Training, PPAP Proficient, ISO/ TS