123 Elm Street • Jonesboro, AR 72404
Home (870) 555-5555 • Mobile (870) 444-4444 • [email protected]
EXCEPTIONAL INSURANCE ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
Successful history in increasing key account base and guaranteeing client satisfaction in the health insurance industry.
Demonstrated ability to grow business where others cannot see opportunities. Excellent background in customer service, exceeding client expectations from initial contract through post-sales follow-up. Analytical and organized with the proven ability to identify client needs, make recommendations and implement effective solutions. Highly skilled in rapidly developing rapport. Self-starter and persuasive communicator with extensive knowledge of health care insurance plans. Extremely adaptable and able to quickly grasp and apply new information.
- Account Retention
- Market Growth
- Client Relations
- Professional Presentation
- Key Account Management
- Product Demonstration
- Financial Negotiation
- MS Word and Excel
- Service Promotion
- Staff Training
- Plan Development
- Promotional Materials
- Contract Development
- Federal Accounts
- Phone Sales
- Revenue Generation
HEALTH INSURANCE SALES EXPERIENCE
ABC INSURANCE CARE, INC., Jonesboro, AR, 20xx – Present
Ranked as one of the top HMOs in the country.
Senior Account Manager (20xx – Present): Direct and aggressively drive the growth, retention and profitability of a national account base encompassing 22,000 fully-insured and self-funded members. Oversee key accounts; cultivate and strengthen beneficial relationships with financial and benefit decision makers through demonstration of integrity and persuasive communication skills. Effectively present and articulate products through compelling demonstrations and professional correspondence. Work with national consultants on RFP renewals and financial negotiations.
- Added over 300 members to the Bristol Meyers' account in Fall 20xx by convincing customer to switch from a gated plan to an open access plan; negotiated best prices with the Underwriting Department.
- Increased membership of a major account by creatively and aggressively promoting service capacity within Arkansas to the client's employees despite a tight marketing budget.
- Saved corporate time and money by playing an instrumental role in streamlining the ASO/ SPD process.
- Designed and implemented highly successful strategies for growing memberships within client companies.
- Consistently exceeded client expectations by providing the highest level of quality service to members.
Account Manager (20xx – 20xx): Provided exceptional service to over 32,000 members in 98 accounts. Expertly serviced a federal government account containing 15,000 members; skillfully negotiated benefits and provided plan/ contract administration. Developed close ties with clients to ensure complete satisfaction as well as lasting, productive relationships. Delivered presentations, negotiated best renewal rates and facilitated the development of company manuals/ materials to better serve customers. Trained and mentored new Account Managers.
- Added 5,000 members to a single account within one year.
- Maintained 96% member renewal/ retention level.
- Opened up the Arkansas territory for the federal account and aggressively grew new membership.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE
Arkansas Life & Health License
B.S. – Business, University of XYZ, Concentration in Marketing, Jonesboro, AR, 20xx