See the corresponding JD Grad cover letter sample.
(555) 555-5555 | [email protected]
A recently graduated Juris Doctorate offers a proven track record of achievements in researching, analyzing, and documenting various aspects of legal issues and litigation. Experience includes drafting memoranda, complaints, and communications regarding privilege, intellectual property, tax status, trademarks, and corporate by-laws. Provides exceptional customer service while handling confidential communications and liaising between attorneys and clients.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Evaluated dozens of contracts, leases, and emails to decipher and code information in documents so that imperative information is easily identifiable and accessible by clients and team members.
- Collaborated with team members in identifying client needs pertaining to assignment rights, subleasing/leasing, books/taxes, intellectual property, monthly pay, mailing address, notices, and damages.
- Analyzed and provided recommendations on legal issues such as tax-exemption, entity names, and trademark symbols; drafted by-laws and articles of incorporation for newly formed and early stage non-profit organizations.
JURIS DOCTORATE (2015) – UNIVERSITY NAME
- SELECT COURSEWORK: Contract Law, Intellectual Property, Non-Profit/Small Business, Remedies, Wills & Estates (Decedent Estates), Pretrial Criminal Litigation (Practice in Context), Counseling & Negotiations, Real Estate Finance
BA, POLITICAL SCIENCE (2012) – UNIVERSITY NAME
- ACTIVITIES: Student Counsel Treasurer, Vice President
DOCUMENT REVIEWER – COMPANY NAME (2015 – 2017)
- Worked with internal team members and management to ensure documents comply with client goals.
- Identified contractual issues within a document and performed quality control on documents drafted by team.
- Incorporated new developments related to a family of documents by reviewing supplemental documents and accounts while ensuring compliance to document protocol.
LEGAL REVIEW ANALYST / STUDENT ATTORNEY – COMPANY NAME (2013 – 2014)
- Analyzed legal documents for privilege, confidentiality, and responsiveness, achieving team goals of 70 document reviews per day; determined issues associated with each document and coded them accordingly.
- Interviewed prospective clients to identify their needs and understand their business structure/organization.
- Researched categories of zoning and fundraising efforts based on type of business.
INTERN – COMPANY NAME (2013)
- Researched legal issues and provided reports regarding housing, domestic violence, and social security.
- Reviewed statutes and case files for clarity and drafted complaints, memoranda, and correspondences.
- Handled confidential communication and interfaced with clients over the phone and in person.
LICENSES & CREDENTIALS
Member of the State Bar – STATE OF XXXX
Member of the National Association of Legal Professionals