3 Ontario Street, Toronto, ON M9C 3T7 • 647-979-7855 • [email protected]
- 6 years' work experience as a Language Instructor in Korea and North America.
- Strong presentation skills, high energy, personal integrity & solid relationship building skills ensure an ongoing climate of internal and external confidence & trust.
- Demonstrates ability to train, teach, instruct and coach teams & one on one.
- Advanced computer proficiency: MS Office Suite with Windows and Mac OS literacy.
- Multilingual; Fluent in Oral and Written English, Dutch and French in descending order of proficiency.
Copywriter, Leadership, Problem Solver, Proof Reader & Editing, Language Instruction, Teaching/ Tutoring
ESL Instructor, 2012 – 2014
ILAC (International Language Academy of Canada), Toronto, ON
- Taught adult learners of varying levels, spending several months teaching Beginner, FCE, CAE and IELTS, respectively.
- Taught students business related English language skills, vocabulary and writing.
ESL Instructor, 2009 – 2011
Avalon English, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Taught young learners – elementary Grades 3, 4, 5, 6 – of varying levels, covering the spectrum from basic intro to advanced English.
- Supported students to tailor and prepare their applications to both in-country and out-country English middle schools.
ESL Instructor, 2007 – 2008
CDI, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Taught young learners – elementary Grades 1, 2, 3, 4 – of varying levels, covering the spectrum from basic intro to advanced English speakers as well as TOEFL preparation.
- Created tailor-made programs based on current/ long-term student goals.
- Managed complex electronic student records system; tracked themes and curriculum.
Copywriter and Print Designer, 2005 – 2006
TCH Bonisa, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Prepared written copy and accompanying design for clients including LG, BMW and ESKOM SA.
- Created pre-vis concept art for events and advertising launches.
- Continued to work on a contractual basis after leaving.
Editor and Proof-reader, 2004 – 2005
Logos Publishing, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Created academic e-books using Libronix (in-house script).
- Proofed and edited digital content before network delivery.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Cambridge CELTA, 2011
International House, Johannesburg, South Africa
BA Philosophy (Hons), 2010 – 2011
UNISA, Pretoria, South Africa
BA Communication, 2000 – 2003
University of Johannesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa