3234 Figueroa Street ~ Los Angeles, California 90010
(323) 555-1212 ~ [email protected]
Seasoned Professional seeking admission to law school. Background includes executing and mediating contractual obligations for artists and performing public policy duties for an international, non-profit concern.
TAYLOR EVANS PAVILLON, Los Angeles, California | 2000 - Present
A 17,000 seat indoor arena with full convention facilities for premier concerts, major boxing events, television productions, and award shows.
Event Services Manager, Garden Arena
- Research, develop, and coordinate events.
- Manage the facility during events; schedule staff, prepare budgets, and disseminate advertising.
- Liaise with scheduled artists, clients vendors, production companies, and departments; execute and mediate contractual obligations; hire, train, and manage an on-call staff of 300 employees.
- Investigate and respond to guest concerns; prepare and implement quality assurance measures.
MAYFAIR RESORTS, Los Angeles, California | 1998 - 2000
A 2,000 room hotel complex with full convention facilities, a 6500-seat arena, a 700-seat theater, and showrooms.
Entertainment & Box Office Manager
- Developed special events; booked weekly entertainment for two showrooms.
- Scheduled event staff, executed contractual obligations with artists and clients, communicated with departments that contributed to successful productions, and conducted guest relations.
- Supervised box office operations, including supervising and training staff, completing cash settlements, and conducting summary reports and audits.
- Assisted the Director of Entertainment; generated correspondence, proposed events, and completed budget reports and profit-and-loss analyses.
CYSTIC FIBROSIS FOUNDATION OF CALIFORNIA, Los Angeles, California | 1996 - 1998
A non-profit organization dedicated to finding a cure and control for a nation’s most common & fatal disease.
Director of Special Events
- Planned, implemented, and evaluated special events and fund-raising activities, reported on event progress and budget management; recruited and oversaw volunteer event committees.
- Secured underwriting support by presenting event plans to organizations and businesses.
TRANSPLANT RECIPIENTS INTERNATIONAL, Washington, D.C. | 1995 - 1996
An international, non-profit membership organization seeking to increase available organs, tissues, and bone marrow for human transplant.
Public Policy Liaison, International Headquarters
- Drafted all correspondence and testimony for national, state, and local legislative initiatives; coordinated letter writing campaigns and constituent visits to Congress.
- Developed monthly newsletter with readership of 5,000.
- Oversaw daily operations, including accounts payable, purchasing, and staff management.
UNIVERSITY OF THE PACIFIC, Eugene, Oregon
Bachelor of Arts in Government & Politics, 1994