700 Mississauga Road, Mississauga, ON M6K 1S4
905-658-7885 | [email protected]
Recent Linguistics graduate brings highly developed communication, critical thinking, presentation, and computer skills from interactions at workplaces. Ability to learn quickly on the job and brings an energetic "can do" approach to work. Technically proficient computer skills for the workplace include: Microsoft Office Suite, Linger, Audacity, Photoshop, Prezi, Sony Vegas and Video Editing Software (Apple and Microsoft).
Linguistics Major/ Film and Digital Media Minor, Focus in Japanese
GPA: 3.4, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Dec 2014
Courses: Pragmatics, Japanese Linguistics, Japanese, (Studied Abroad), International Christian University, Mitaka, Japan, Fall 2013
High School Diploma, Honors, Ranked 14th out of 480, GPA: 4.2, Northern Secondary School Mississauga, ON
HOSTESS & TO-GO-SPECIALIST, APR 2015 – PRESENT
BLACK ANGUS STEAKHOUSE, TORONTO, ON
- Seat guests at tables, update open table program, and produce a rotation for open tables.
- Answer phone calls and all customer inquiries regarding the establishment.
- Enter take out orders into computer system, prepare salads, soups and baked potatoes for the order, ensure order accuracy, pack order and receive customer payment (handle cash and credit card transactions).
- Maintain the highest speed of accuracy for take out order out of all team members.
MUSIC PRODUCTION ASSISTANT/ STAGE MANAGER, OCT 2011 – DEC 2014
MUSIC CENTER AT UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO, TORONTO, ON
- Ensured performance runs smoothly by coordinating and monitoring the full show and intermission times to ensure production times are maintained.
- Ensured the performers are ready to go on stage.
- Interpreted stage-set diagrams to determine stage layouts and placed all equipment and scenery accordingly.
- Controlled house lights and simple stage lights.
DELIVERY DRIVER, JAN 2013 – JUN 2013
DOMINOS, TORONTO, ON
- Delivered pizzas to customers, received payment and provided change as necessary.
- Answered telephone for incoming take away orders.
- Prepared and baked pizzas and other menu items.
WORK EXPERIENCE (CONTINUED)
- Tutored students; a high school student in Algebra 2 and a fifth grader in all subjects.
- Met with fifth grader once a week to further her understanding in all subjects, especially math.
- Met with high school student to support him with gaining a better understanding of Algebra 2.
Member of Track & Field Team, the Marching Band for 3 years and the Aikido Club
Member of Track & Field Team, participating in single events such as the 100 Meter Dash, High Jump, Long Jump, Pole Vault, and the team 4 by 100 Meter Relay
Captain of freshman and Junior Varsity volleyball and basketball teams
Co-President of Japanese Club (held secretary position for one year prior)