999 Dixon Road, Toronto, ON M4B 1T7
416-852-9631 • [email protected]
- Highly articulate and talented Logistics Analyst with over 10 solid years of experience, built on trusted expertise with comparison cost analysis, monitoring, reporting and collaboration with teams, vendors.
- Strong understanding of financial statements, regulatory laws, corporate policies, vendor relations and transportation logistics.
- Proven record of delivering sustainable business results (cost, service, quality, safety) through continuous decision making to meet process improvements and cost savings expectations.
- Track record of planning processes to increase cost effective measures while providing ongoing status reports to improve and supervise logistical order performance.
KEY CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
Logistical Project Management:
- Transitioned procurement process from "Just in Case to Just in Time" methodologies and other Lean manufacturing practices resulting in reduction in inventory from $15MM to $11MM over a 3 year period (Caterpillar).
- Implemented Lean manufacturing processes to boost productivity, including management of 13,000 SKUs (Caterpillar).
- Spearheaded all purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from both local and overseas vendors (Caterpillar).
Reporting & Tracking:
- Reviewed reports to reflect inventory performance, key indicators and address/ escalate supplier non-performance (Caterpillar).
- Utilized Walmart’s state of the art ERP system to balance inventory.
- Implemented Lean continuous improvement programs with suppliers that resulted in cost reductions, including reviewing and managing the disposal of obsolete and slow moving materials (Caterpillar).
- Implemented procurement strategy and policies. Forecast procurement needs.
- Provided leadership and monitored purchases, supplies and bulk chemicals to maintain optimal stock levels based on real-time and projected facility operational needs using Procurement and ERP Software (Caterpillar).
Traffic and Order Fulfillment Coordination:
- Directed development and implementation of key procurement (Walmart) for sourcing product inventory and collaboration with major wireless carriers and electronics manufacturers.
- Managed suppliers delivering into several Walgreens facilities, 3PL’s and distribution centers to provide 100 percent delivery performance.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Lead Consultant of Digital Marketing, 2009 – Present
Sartell Communications, Toronto, ON
- Skillfully employ Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization and Social Media in order to achieve critical business goals.
- Successfully lead development of sales strategies by boosting customer base by 20%.
- Supervise conversion of hardcopy publications to online documentation and instruct Chief Editor in proficient usage of content management sites, successfully achieving 100,000 viewers within first year of launch.
- Oversee paid search campaigns employing Facebook, Google AdWords and Content Strategies to target customers.
- Proficiently develop content, promotions, and article marketing campaigns to improve visibility and market penetration.
- Collaborate with internal clients and external vendor partners to build key relationships.
- Notably achieved 30% growth of new ecommerce website within six months.
Logistics Planning Analyst, 2006 – 2009
Caterpillar, Toronto, ON
- Planned, forecast and purchased indirect category materials and supply expedition in support of Valve and Brake systems for all Caterpillar products.
- Compiled requests from various departments for material requisitions and entertain inquiries about existing orders.
- Managed MRO (Maintenance, Repair & Operating) procurement in a manufacturing environment.
- Built productive business relationships in collaboration with internal clients and external vendor partners regarding procurement needs of manufacturing materials.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Assistant Manager – Electronics, 2002 – 2006
Walmart Stores Inc., Toronto, ON
- Directed onsite operations for Processing, Electronics and Wireless Connection Center, including recruiting & directing more than 30 personnel and managing P&L concerns.
- District Manager Trainee for onsite processing. Travel to various stores to provide instruction in operations, policies and procedures.
- Proficient in reading building plans for electrical and water connections for OSHA compliance installation of labs.
- Consistently ranked top 10 in region of 30 stores for outstanding inventory management.
- Skilled at forecasting consumer trends and preferences resulting in increased sales for Photography and Electronic products.
- Followed and implemented company’s guidelines for implementing quality, environmental, and safety policies and procedures.
Regional Category Manager, 2000 – 2002
Sears, Toronto, ON
- Acted as project manager to coordinate teams engaged in build out of photography labs and total redesign of the camera department, including attending to plumbing, electrical, communication and display concerns.
- Planned, forecast and purchased inventory for 247 stores.
- Project manager for the product launch and rollout and installation of One-Hour Photo labs and Camera departments for all stores in region.
- Supervised and conducted employee training, introducing the organization to new technical development in components and services that helped the company achieve its business objectives.
- Presided over updating of laboratory equipment and coordinated rollout of new products and POS materials.
- Participated in weekly marketing strategy meetings with key local and corporate stakeholders.
- Monitored disposal of chemical waste at store level keeping in compliance with OHSA and addressing any environmental concerns by municipalities for six states across the Midwest.
Technical Account Supervisor, 1995 – 2000
Shoppers Drug Mart, Toronto, ON
- Launched the rollout and installation of One-Hour Photo labs in 125 stores.
- Developed and implemented local store marketing strategies, which increased department traffic and drove sales.
- Performed job functions in accordance with applicable quality, environmental, and safety policies and procedures.
INTERMEDIATE TECHNICAL PROFICIENCY
Procurement and ERP Software
Google AdWords, Search Engine Optimizing, Search Engine Marketing
Content Strategy, E-commerce & Retail Supply Chain
Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Professional, Management and Strategy Institute
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate, University of Toronto
Online Marketing Certificate, University of Toronto
Information Technology Applications, York University