1234 Main Street Blvd. • Orlando, FL 32836
(407) 222-6625 • [email protected]
LOSS PREVENTION MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Leading by Personal Example
Highly accomplished and experienced Loss Prevention Management Professional with a record of success guiding all aspects of security and loss prevention for world-class organizations. Consistently recognized by management and called upon to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency through leadership that aligns the business processes and customer requirements to realize cost savings, performance objectives, and sustain strategic flexibility.
Adept at quickly and efficiently resolving pressing safety/ security issues with a deliberative and strategic approach, while consistently identifying and deploying insightful and cost-saving process improvements. Widely recognized as a quick learner and articulate communicator with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Proven skills utilized in directing the efforts of cross-functional teams and cross-discipline resources.
A builder of high-performance technical and business projects and a natural team leader, mentor, and motivator who thrives in environments requiring a high-level strategist and a big-picture thinker. Technical experience in developing leading-edge solutions.
Contract Negotiation • Loss Prevention Management • Asset Protection • Project Management Training and Development • Security Requirements • Problem Analysis and Resolution • Quality Standards • Process Review and Improvement • Cost Control and Reduction • Investigation Techniques • Vendor Relations • Team Building • Leadership • Client Satisfaction • Communication • Problem Solving
Secret Security Clearance
Saks Incorporated, Orlando, FL, 2011 – Present
Loss Prevention Leader
Protect company assets through the execution of safety, inventory recovery, and internal and external theft reduction programs.
Bloomingdale's, Orlando, FL, 2006 – 2011
Senior Executive / Loss Prevention Manager (2006 – 2011)
Macy’s Security Director / Senior Executive (Merger with FDS) (2006)
Provide protection to the company assets through the development and execution of safety, inventory recovery, and internal and external theft reduction programs. Direct daily activities of Loss Prevention (LP) professionals. Create complete retail LP model based on a risk assessment of process gaps and potential losses. Lead and proactively manage team of LP managers/ investigators and analysts.
- Coordinate cross-functional corporate functions in the development and implementation of solutions that meet the businesses’ LP requirements.
- Design programs to raise awareness of LP and managers’ role in minimizing risk.
- Develop training tools to ensure managers understand potential areas of exposure and process gaps.
- Reduced inventory shortage from 1.25 to .81 over four year period.
John Doe, PAGE 2
Hecht’s, Chevy Chase, MD, 2004 – 2006
Loss Prevention Manager
Managed LP effort and shortage reduction within assigned store. Communicated and executed LP plans and programs. Built, maintained, and enhanced the credibility of the store’s Loss Prevention Department. Identified ideas and programs for improvement of the stores and their shortage results. Administered and enforced the policies and standards of the Loss Prevention Department. Recruited, hired, and trained staff.
- Developed effective property and liability LP programs to mitigate conditions with potential to produce damage, injury, or financial loss.
- Monitored and led investigations and research to identify equipment, systems, operations, policies, procedures, contracts, or personnel that are the source of company losses.
- Compiled, analyzed, and interpreted claim services loss runs, system reports, and other available statistical data describing significant losses or loss trends.
- Maintained the Risk Management Information System to store and report data and detailed information related to LP program development, measurements, and results.
- Determined the impact of LP programs on the Company’s cost of risk, and report results to management.
United States Military, 1983 – 2004
Master Sergeant E-7
Managed instruction for 900+ active duty and reserve aircrew members in aircrew life support equipment, aircrew chemical defense ensembles (ACDE), Aircrew Eye Respiratory Protection systems (AERP), Chemical/ Biological Warfare, Combat Survival Training, Water Survival Training, and Night Vision Goggles (NVG).
Survival and Rescue Operations
Community College of the United States Air Force, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL
Basic and Advanced Wicklander-Zulawski Interview and Interrogation Techniques • Safety Training • Results 2000 Leadership Seminar • CPI’s Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training Program • National Retail Federation’s Network Investigator Member • Defensive Tactics Training • Dishonest Associate Interview Training • Handling Customer Accidents Training • Bloodborne Pathogens • Diversity Training • Sexual Harassment Training • Loss Prevention Manager’s Training • Dimensional Management Training "Who’s Watching the Store" Training • Handcuff Techniques Training • Fire Extinguisher Training • CPR / First Responders Training
The Air Force Commendation Medal (Second Oak Leaf Cluster)
The Air Force Commendation Medal (First Oak Leaf Cluster)
Air Force Achievement Medal (First Oak Leaf Cluster)
The Meritorious Service Award (First Oak Leaf Cluster)
Three – The Air Force Commendation Medal
Two – Air Force Achievement Medal
The Meritorious Service Award