Monterey, CA 12345 • 877.875.7706 • Cell 877.875.7706
SENIOR MANAGEMENT EXECUTIVE
Forward-focused Manufacturing Management authority with a strong ability to identify opportunities for revenue growth and build high-performance teams to support company objectives.
Action-driven senior management executive with expertise in business and product development, cross-functional team leadership and delivering positive outcomes with strong and sustainable gains. Able to identify and implement strategies to reduce costs, increase revenue, strengthen customer relationships, improve business practices and drive profitable growth. Broad-based management skills, with strong planning, communication, organizational and decision-making ability to successfully direct concurrent projects. Mentors staff and encourages a team environment for high levels of employee confidence and satisfaction.
CORE STRENGTHS & SKILLS
- Team Leadership
- Process Improvement
- New Product Management
- Efficiency Enhancement
- Cost Reduction
- FDA/ GMP Requirements
- Customer/ Supplier Relations
- Strategic Analysis
- ECO/ OMS Development
- Finance/ Budget Management
- International Business
- Inventory Control
SENIOR NPI PROJECT ENGINEER | 2009 – Present
Confidential Corporation, San Jose, CA
Directed manufacturing positioning of new product introductions for bioscience company including fluorescence activated cell sorters and analyzers, cell imaging systems, monoclonal antibodies, kits for performing cell analysis and reagent systems for life sciences research.
- Managed the complete transference of manufacturing operations from Maryland to San Jose including creating engineering change orders (ECO's) and Operation Method Sheets (OMS's), validating accuracy of all documentation, verified institution of process flows and ensured all manufacturing processes were in place and all training was completed.
- Realized a 52% savings by outsourcing entire electrical control cabinet and two main system assemblies by interfacing with suppliers on RFQ's and cost reduction program.
- Ensured compliance with FDA/ GMP requirement for production activities by implementing product qualification, certifications and first articles as well as instituting testing and quality process at suppliers.
SENIOR NPI MANUFACTURING MANAGER | 2007 – 2008
Confidential Corporation, San Jose, CA
Managed a PCBA contract manufacturer on-site with an inventory build budget of $2.5M for an internationally based fabless semiconductor with complete responsibility for the overall performance of the outsource partner relationship.
- Oversaw New Product introduction of all new PCBA's being produced at the contract manufactures facility including planning, development, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods, processes and operations for new and existing products.
- Increased yield from 29% to 48% by establishing specific quality metrics at the contract manufacture to to identify, resolve and prevent engineering quality issues in the manufacturing processes.
- Ensured completion of all product development timelines, delivery, quality and required business metrics by organizing and streamlining all interdepartmental activities.
2 | SAMANTHA NICHOLS
SENIOR OPERATIONS PROGRAM MANAGER, MANUFACTURING MANAGER | 2000 – 2007
TEST ENGINEERING MANAGER
Confidential Corporation, Fremont, CA
Managed the contract manufacturing process flow for the (EFEM) equipment front-end modules for automated systems and robotics product line ensuring that all products met engineering specifications and manufacturing requirements.
- Increased efficiency 50% by developing, instituting and supporting new test procedures and practices.
- Maintained 98% on time delivery by planning and coordinating resources and milestones and promptly resolving issues between Singapore and the US.
- Decreased assembly and test cycle time 32% by implementing MPI's (Manufacturing Process Instructions) / ATP's (Acceptance Test Procedures) and manufacturing processes and by tracking internal quality using metrics and quality meetings.
- Led a team of 23 engineers and test technicians to perform a variety of project management responsibilities for ECN releases, manufacturing test requirements, customer field and quality issues.
- Directed all aspects of transferring the entire manufacturing operations overseas to Singapore ensuring all documentation was accurate and process flows were instituted.
- Secured a 46% increase in efficiency and accuracy by documenting new test installation procedures.
MANAGER, FINAL TEST – APCVD and Automated Systems Final Test Department | 1988 – 2000
Confidential Corporation, Scotts Valley, CA
Directed final test activities for APCVD (Atmospheric Pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition) Reactors and robotic wafer handling systems and managed an annual manufacturing budget of $1.8M; led a direct staff of four leads and thirty technicians.
- Decreased customer complaints by implementing test procedures on the floor to measure quality defects and ensure all product quality and all customer requirements were being attained.
- Achieved 100% on time delivery for a three year period by meeting strict customer delivery deadlines.
- Improved system shipments from <29% to 100% on-time delivery shipment of entire product line to realize >$225 million in record sales.
Confidential University – Monterey, CA
Supervision and Management Certificate
Confidential Junior College – Monterey, CA
Associate of Science, Electronic Technology
Confidential Community College – Monterey, CA
General Education/ Engineering Courses
Managerial Effectiveness Courses – American Management Association | Leader as a Coach Course | Troubleshooting Techniques | Quality Education | J.I.T | Demand Flow/ Lean Manufacturing Methodologies | ISO9001 Training
SAP | MS Outlook | Lotus Notes | Oracle | Visibility MRP System | Pro-Engineer Product View | MS Project | MS Office Programs | PC Software/ Hardware
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Key Contributor Award – Revenue Achievement
Presidents Award for Outstanding Achievement
Incentive Award – Annual Revenue Achievement
Great Resumes Fast
is a professional resume writing and interview coaching firm that assists job seekers at every level secure interviews and job offers. They create dynamic, best-in-class resumes and cover letters that consistently deliver results. Great Resumes Fast also offers writers with specialization in Federal Resume Writing, Executive Level and C-Suite, Information Technology, Sales and Management.