Manufacturing manager resume of a professional with over 20 years of experience with plant operations. The resume layout uses a two-column structure to emphasize career highlights. The resume format is reverse chronological.
111 Bridge Gate Crescent • Stoney Creek, ON L1X 1A4
(519) 841-4222 • [email protected]
- Highly articulate and talented Operations Manager with over 20 years of expertise as a Servant Leader, Customer Service/ Health/ Safety Expert, and Strategic Planner.
- Strong strategic planner, problem solver and persuasive leader. Recognized for consistent success in developing systems, processes and procedures to streamline corporate operations, increase revenues and enhance profit performance.
- Cross-functionally driven individual, with a proven track record in the fields of manufacturing, budgeting, warehousing, engineering processes and customer service improvements.
- Proven record of delivering sustainable business results (cost, service, quality, safety) through people development and strategic thinking across multiple business units.
- Develops trusted relationships with customers, team and stakeholders that allows for census collaboration and high levels of productivity.
Efficiency & Productivity Gains:
- Successfully completed first physical inventory at Linde Canada with a variance of $3000 on an inventory of $300,000.
- As a production team member at Coca Cola, line efficiency improved by 33% by means of analysis in the bottling processes. Improvements were made by daily observations, recommendations for maintenance and introduction of a labour re-organization to achieve the efficiency goals.
- At Linde, achieved a $30,000 cost saving through a head count reduction by re-introducing a label machine that automatically applies labels to packaging materials.
- A servant leader who values diverse opinions, cultivates a culture of trust and develops other leaders.
- Success in leading turnaround, both cultural and performance, with large operational teams.
- As Plant Supervisor at Linde implemented a daily work/ daily production report that identifies all open work orders in the plant to focus the employees on producing the correct orders on time, successfully managed 4 departments, 160 employees and had direct supervision of 15 non-union production employees. Ensured compliance with company policies and Ontario Health & Safety standards.
- Collaborated with colleagues at Linde (Whitby site) to introduce a daily work/ daily shipping report comprised of all open orders to be shipped to improve the on time shipping of the plant. This process identified further areas for improvement.
- Improved stock accuracy by 40% through attention to detail during inventory counts and plant layout. Coordinated innovative plant layout to make it easier to count inventory and control inventory storage.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Plant Manager, Sept.2009 – Present
Linde is one of the largest industrial gas suppliers in the world and provides innovative products, technology & world class service.
- Maintained a zero loss time safety KPI while at Linde Canada. Improved plant’s safety KPI from 16 years without a lost time accident to 19 years - longest running in Linde North America.
- Accountable management of production plant, full hands on; safety management, budget, raw material ordering, production planning/ scheduling, labour management, shipping, maintenance management, facility management, customer liaison and vendor relations.
- Successfully coordinated first management audit which resulted in a 96% effective implementation (1840 points out of 1924 available).
Plant Supervisor, Jun. 2011 – Sept. 2012
- Established a team focus for progressive improvement of plant’s on time order fill rate KPI. Resulted in continuous improvement from 82% to 97% within 6 months.
- Transitioned a similar process to shipping on time KPI – reduced shipping cost by $85,000.
- Collaborated with team at plant to achieve or exceed all KPI’s for 2012.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
- Identified areas of improvement in our shipping methodology to reduce financial impact on the plant and reduce costs to the business. Reduced plant shipping costs by over $80,000.
- Attended the “MAKE” training and the Front-Line Leadership training within the first 10 months.
- A member of the Joint Health and Safety Team at Whitby.
Owner / Operator, May 2006 – Jun. 2011
Laser Printing and Graphics
Textile and Large Format Printing, Graphic Design. Products included custom printed fabrics, banners, signs and posters on digital printers utilizing RIP software on PC system (some experience on MAC).
- Developed marketing strategy, built client relations, sales and customer service.
- Managed all aspects of print production, equipment purchasing, sourcing raw materials, production – printing, laminating, cutting, assembly, and shipping and receiving.
- Ensured accuracy for all colour matching and printer profiling using X-Rite/ Gretag Macbeth spectrometers and software.
- Generated and modified layouts using Adobe, Corel and various graphic software.
Manager, Sept. 2007 – Dec. 2008
Managed employees in the production of Electrical equipment.
- Liaised with engineers, planners, human resources, payroll, upper management and other manufacturing departments.
- Directed a 6S initiative workstation standardization.
- Utilized the Lean principles, 5S and continuous improvement to reduce waste and improve efficiencies.
- Trained, supervised and coached employees in plant policies and procedures in weekly meetings.
SAP, ADP Payroll, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Visio), MS Projects, Personal Designer CAD software, Corel Draw, Adobe Photoshop/ Illustrator, and Kronos
Executive MBA – Innovative Leadership, 2013 – 2016
University of Manitoba
Mechanical Engineering Technologist (3 year diploma)
Certified member of the Joint Health and Safety committee
Front-Line Leadership Training – Level 1, Linde
Mixing and Baking Modules for Cookies and Crackers, Biscuit Technical University
Leading People at Kraft – Employee Development Training
Safety Training – Confined Space, Forklift and Working at Heights Training – Kraft
Mixing and Baking Cookies and Crackers, American Institute of Baking Seminar
Production Management Development Program, Coca-Cola Bottling
Team Leadership, Schneider Electric
Occupational Health and Safety and the Law
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST