Address, Phone, Email
MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS PROFESSIONAL
Leading Through Personal Example
Accomplished Manufacturing Professional with a record of developing and managing successful projects and solutions, incorporating a wide range of applications and technologies. Consistently recognized by management as an excellent resource to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency through tangible contributions and leadership. Able to align business processes and engineering technology to realize cost savings and accelerated performance for the organization.
Builder of high-performance teams and a natural team leader and mentor who excels in dynamic, demanding environments while remaining pragmatic and focused. Results-oriented, decisive leader with proven success in analytical thinking and possessing management skills utilized in driving profitable and cost-effective collaboration between projects and critical business functions.
- Highly focused and motivated, able to work both independently and collaboratively in a variety of settings, conditions, and environments. Driven to both succeed and contribute, diligent, goal-oriented, conscientious, and dedicated to organizational growth and improved performance.
- Technically savvy and a quick study in emerging technology. Able to quickly assess and utilize the appropriate response to meet the specific needs of the business requirement at hand.
Project Management • Team Building • Team Leadership • Quality Improvement
Project Development • Performance Optimization • Process Reengineering
Project Planning • Strategic Planning • Six Sigma • ISO • CAM/ CAD
Training • Project Staffing • Budget Oversight
CNC Machine • Metal Cutting
SIG SAUER INC., Exeter, NH, 2005 – Present
Director of New Technology and Prototypes, 2013 – Present
Provide strategic direction and leadership to team in product development efforts of new firearms products. Direct daily design resource and continuous development activities for new designs and completion of feasibility studies. Guide and sponsor research activities for new potential product concepts. Ensure that all new development initiatives and improvement programs’ resources and development are aligned with the objectives. Oversee program execution process to meet timing, budget, and product quality constraints. Offer work direction and allocation of resources to conflicting priorities.
- Integral part of rapid company growth from $40,000,000 and 120 employees to $300,000,000 and 700 employees in eight-year period.
- Developed techniques to improve processes utilizing new innovations and technologies.
- Created strategies for continuous improvement and cost reduction.
- Instituted processes and procedures from brainstorming to production run.
- Designed and selected cutting tools for most efficient production.
Senior Machine Shop Manager, 2005 – 2012
Directed daily machining and finishing operations consisting of 100+ machines and 180+ employees. Planned, organized, supervised, and implemented manufacturing procedures in accordance with Quality Assurance methods, new technologies, organizational strategies, and established budgets. Applied troubleshooting and problem solving skills to the resolution of performance, cost, and quality issues. Developed budgets and capital equipment justifications to support the initiative. Established priorities and allocated necessary resources for achievement of implementation objectives. Drove performance improvement efforts across all manufacturing operations. Directed and monitored production activity to ensure adherence to quality control and labor utilization standards. Worked in partnership with Manufacturing Engineering and Research and Development departments to ensure machinability and cost improvements. Utilized lean manufacturing processes in all phases of machining.
- Reduced cycle time from 57 minutes per part to 20-22 minutes per part.
- Reduced the cost of cutting tools from $7.57 per part to $3.20 per part.
- Increased overall production by 35% while reducing and maintaining scrap to 1%.
- Achieved reduction in setup time from 1.5-2 days to 2-4 hours.
- Developed and delivered training programs on new production processes and machines.
KIMBER MANUFACTURING, Younkers, NY, 2002 – 2005
Programmer / Planner / Expediter, 2004 – 2005
Planned and scheduled Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machines workload based on material requirement planning (MRP) and assembly requirements. Utilized MRP principles to generate supplier schedules. Ordered and expedited components as needed to support production and shipping schedules. Planned and expedited parts through internal operations and OSP following shop floor traveler. Maintained stock and inventory levels based on forecasts and sales orders.
CNC Operator / Setup / Programmer, 2002 – 2004
Utilized technical expertise to program and setup three spindle KOMA CNC routers utilizing Master CAM/ CAD software. Ensured dimensions of finished work pieces was in conformance to specifications. Removed and replaced dull cutting tools. Updated cutting programs for problems encountered during operation. Maintained production schedules and targets.
Bachelor of Science equivalency, Manufacturing Engineering
The Technion Institute of Technology, Technion City, Haifa
Diploma, Technician of Railroad Diesel-Electric Locomotives and Equipment
Diploma, Medical Equipment Technician
Six Sigma Green Belt