123 Any Street • Wichita, KS 12345
Home: 800.991.5187 • Cell: 800.991.5187 • [email protected]
SOLUTIONS-FOCUSED MANUFACTURING MANAGER
Strategic Planning • Plant Engineering & Maintenance • Operations
Dedicated and knowledgeable manufacturing professional with diverse industry knowledge and special talent for searching out opportunities for improvement, contributing to cost reduction, increased productivity, and waste reduction (up to 15% across the board). Provides objective analysis and innovative solutions to a wide range of manufacturing problems including civil/ structural repair needs, cost and productivity optimization, and safety and environmental issues. Knowledgeable in structural steel, concrete flooring, roofing repair/ replacement, roads and parking lots, river walls, underground utilities, and sprinkler system upgrades.
Demonstration of cross-functional knowledge with proven operational success. Proactive planner with the ability to nurture credibility and confidence with management and plant personnel. Excellent safety and compliance record with working knowledge of OSHA, IBC, and environmental regulations.
- Production Planning Strategy
- Industrial & Structural Engineering
- Personnel Training
- Quality Control
- Manufacturing Processes
- Critical Issue Resolution
- Facility Maintenance & Planning
- Building Code Adherence
- Cost Analysis
- Project Management
- Capital Planning
- Environmental Law & Regulations
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Master of Science in Management
Confidential University, Wichita, KS
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
Confidential University, Portland, OR
Structure Steel Painting/ Corrosion Control, Performance of Alternative Coatings (PACE), 2005
Concrete Conference, American Concrete Institute, 2005
KEY CAREER ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Recognized opportunity and proactively coordinated sale of $400,000 of used equipment, pioneering installation of overseas import/ export shipping system. Received recognition from Confidential Corporation Purchasing VP.
- Successfully retained threatened clients and improved equipment reliability and productivity by eliminating off-quality printed bag production through clear, effective personnel training and equipment modifications.
- Led effort that reduced plant VOC emissions from 69 lbs. to less than 20 lbs. within one year, reducing the cost to obtain air permits by approximately $78,000.
- Saved up to $1.9M annually by creating economic method for analyzing paper purchasing decisions in a capacity restrained situation by optimizing production by paper grade to minimize overall cost of purchased paper.
Sample Client, Page 2
KEY CAREER ACCOMPLISHMENTS (continued)
- Created actual savings of $270,000 by developing balancing (scheduling) rationale for multiple paper machines to maximize production capacity by reducing change-over time between paper grades.
- Created innovative solution to build one new, all-inclusive facility rather than replace roofing on two old buildings for a comparable cost.
- Achieved 15 consecutive years of successful construction projects with no recordable incidents.
- Established career-long loyalty to single company (Confidential Corporation).
Infrastructure Maintenance Manager, Wichita, KS location, 1995 – Present
Led facility infrastructure management for two large mills (80 and 100 years old), totaling nearly 7 million sq. ft. of managed space and 900 acres of land. Successfully completed diverse range of capital projects that strengthened mill infrastructure, increased safety, and saved money. Granted autonomy in planning and execution of all major facility infrastructure maintenance thanks to proven results and long-standing loyalty. Managed annual budget of up to $8M.
- Proactively created a maintenance rating system for determining priorities based on safety, budget, and effectiveness.
- Developed and promoted use of engineered standards for corrosion control.
- Facilitated a mill-wide ventilation plan and several multi-million dollar demolition projects.
- Gained control of additional facility upon 2004 corporate reorganization, creating entirely new, more proactive maintenance management system.
- Evaluated worker productivity and used observations to eliminate ten unwarranted positions, saving company approx. $50,000 per person.
- Organized cost-effective fleet management program for approximately 80 lift trucks that evaluated replacement vs. maintenance costs, minimizing total cost of ownership.
- Honed knowledge of building code and approval requirements, working to disseminate a working knowledge to others to help minimize both risk and compliance errors.
- Directed shoring activity in ensure long-term employee and equipment safety.
Sr. Industrial Engineer, Wichita, KS location, 1993 – 1995
- Enlisted by senior management to lead development team to modernize entire tissue converting operations.
- Providing expertise to mentor newer engineers.
- Aided in labor reduction by completing workload evaluation.
Operations Manager, Long Beach, CA location, 1989 – 1992
Led operations for specialty printing converting plant location with $15M in annual sales and 80 employees. Directed production, maintenance, shipping, engineering, capital planning and implementation, and environmental compliance. Primary equipment included Bretting napkin folders with letterpress printing, Beasley French bag machines with flexographic printing, and a placemat press with gravure printing.
- Reduced plant air emissions by researching options and changing plant-wide printing methods and materials.
- Improved competitive standing by leading effort to enhance equipment reliability and capability to produce high-quality product through planned equipment upgrades.
- Improved attendance and behavior by initiating programs to reduce absenteeism and disciplinary problems.
Sample Client, Page 3
Operations Manager (continued)
- Increased efficiency and operator ownership by re-designing bag department organization and training bag-machine operators to allow them to more fully manage their respective areas (e.g. inventory, purchasing, maintenance, and scheduling).
- Implemented comprehensive environmental compliance program, resulting in savings from potential fines and possible plant closure.
Industrial Engineering Consultant, Green Bay, WI location, 1988 – 1989
- Served as internal company consultant providing resources to all mills within corporation.
- Analyzed problems and recommended practical solutions.
- Sought out and advised multiple groups on potential areas of improvement.
Production Planning / Consumer Logistics Manager, Chicago, IL Headquarters, 1986 – 1988
- Managed system-wide production planning and inventory control of national retail towel business.
- Coordinated all retail towel production, transfers, and inventory.
- Collaborated with marketing, product development, sales, customer service, and multiple manufacturing sites on a number of large-scale projects.
- Served as logistics resource for a new-business team, including development of logistical plans for distribution and warehousing of new products centered on non-woven technologies.
Industrial Engineer, Green Bay, WI location, 1984 – 1986
- Coordinated paper mill budgeting, capital and strategic planning, and operations improvement projects focused on waste reduction and increased uptime.
- Proactively promoted use of economic analysis in decision-making.
Production Engineer, Portland, OR location, 1981 – 1984
- Worked with mill operations and accounting teams to successfully execute mill projects.
- Developed emphasis on productivity improvement in converting and shipping operations.
Great Resumes Fast
is a professional resume writing and interview coaching firm that assists job seekers at every level secure interviews and job offers. They create dynamic, best-in-class resumes and cover letters that consistently deliver results. Great Resumes Fast also offers writers with specialization in Federal Resume Writing, Executive Level and C-Suite, Information Technology, Sales and Management.