1234 SUCCESS AVENUE | ANYWHERE, CA 94123
555-123-4567 | [email protected]
MARKET RESEARCH PROFESSIONAL
WITH OVER 10 YEARS EXPERIENCE TRANSFORMING CONSUMER DATA INTO MEANINGFUL AND ACTIONABLE INSIGHTS
- Consistently provides timely and actionable findings.
- Deliverables include valuable insights from specific research projects, synthesis of consumer insights with internal sales data, syndicated studies, and competitive intelligence.
- Oversees qualitative and quantitative research processes, including: needs assessments, new product ideation, concept testing, pricing, ad testing and tracking, customer segmentation, satisfaction and loyalty, brand tracking, competitive assessment, shopping, retention and defection, and market sizing.
- Executes strategic approaches, including: one-on-ones with consumers and employees, focus groups (in person and online), conjoint, maxdiff, least squares linear regression, factor and cluster analyses.
- Manages branding and product positioning by developing and refining core brand attributes, brand positioning, brand extensions, brand partnerships, and overall strategy. Informs marketing and communications strategies.
- New product and service development and launch: Identifies consumer needs, determines optimal product or service offering and appropriate pricing, identifies target markets, provides course correction during product pilot time frames and monitors success once fully launched.
- Customer Segmentation: identifies strengths, weaknesses and opportunities in the current customer base, opportunities and challenges for growing the customer base.
- Currently manages the Customer Research department while department head is on six-month special assignment.
- Currently the Research Lead for multiple departments, including Membership, Products and Services, and Marketing.
- Works side by side with business partners to determine how to best achieve their strategic goals through leveraging existing knowledge, assessing information gaps, incorporating relevant secondary research and conducting primary research.
- Interacts and coordinates extensively with all levels of business, multiple office locations, and international partners.
- Builds and maintains solid relationships with external vendors to facilitate the timely delivery of reliable data.
- Refines research processes through development and improvement of research department tools and procedures, resulting in a more streamlined, strategic research experience.
- Improves business strategy and drives strategic growth initiatives by reallocating budget and staff, guiding the direction of new product and service areas, and repositioning existing products and services.
- Improves existing internal processes to enhance productivity and effectiveness.
- Optimizes new product launch processes with a thorough understanding of launch procedures.
- Improves sales and service delivery through effective changes to scripts, policies and procedures.
- Proven track record in completing projects and delivering results on time and on target.
- Has worked with high-level brands including Apple, UPS, MasterCard, Budweiser.
- Has extensive market research experience in a variety of industries including insurance, market research consulting, branding and design.
BLUE CROSS INSURANCE, LOS ANGELES, CA | 2005 - PRESENT
TFG, SAN FRANCISCO, CA | 2003 - 2005
SENIOR RESEARCH MANAGER
Industry: Market Research
DESIGNMATCH, SAN FRANCISCO, CA | 1996 - 2003
Industry: Branding and Design Consulting
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE DEGREE - LIBERAL ARTS | FALL 1991
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, IRVINE
ADDITIONAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATES
CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION: INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PROGRAM | SPRING 1991
INTERNATIONAL STUDY PROGRAM, LONDON, ENGLAND
MARKETING AND STATISTICAL COURSES - CONTINUING EDUCATION | 1999 - 2000
STANFORD UNIVERSITY, PALO ALTO, CA