1292 Renaissance Lane • Hydi, GA 63442
233.236.9172 • [email protected]
CONTEMPORARY ART MUSEUM, MARKETING CHAIR, Centers, TN, 1/06 – Present
- Presenting brand positioning for organization's first communication's campaign.
- Conducted qualitative and quantitative research to help guide new creative efforts.
- Evaluate all potential sponsorship/ partnership opportunities.
APEX SOLUTIONS, USA, SENIOR PLANNER, San Diego, CA, 4/04 – 10/05
Kellogg's – Frosted Flakes, Corn Pops, Apple Jacks, new products, Philip Morris USA – Marlboro
- Proposed, sold, and spearheaded Corn Pop's first-ever ethnography exploring hip hop, gaming and skater/ BMX cultures in three US cities.
- Results inspired radically new Corn Pops positioning impacting packaging and creative, rejuvenating brand image, and increasing sales, share, and awareness.
- Conducted crib chats and environmental studies among hundreds of tweens.
- Visited graffiti parks, sneaker stores, and skater parks to immerse into tween culture.
- Worked closely with consultant to conduct archetypal study for Frosted Flakes, cementing Tony the Tiger's personality as inspirational coach.
- Repositioning helped increase sales +10% during air times.
- Researched multi-channel marketing efforts of five key advertisers to prepare comprehensive report on how to target Baby Boomer women for agency-wide project.
- Explored multi-cultural trends and developed volumetric sales analysis to convince Kellogg's to address diverse "non-traditional" audiences across all 17 kid-targeted brands.
- Partnered with nationally recognized Teens Research Unlimited (TRU) presenting leading research studies to entire 50-person Kellogg's Kid brand and agency teams.
- Crafted positioning for wining Tiger Power concept - mom targeted Cheerio fighting cereal.
- Wrote more than 20 Kellogg's creative briefs on brands targeting moms and kids.
- Created a Marlboro-first brand personality chart spanning family of 10 varieties fundamentally altering new creative executions, and segmenting mailing to millions of adult smokers.
- Helped launch Marlboro 72's developing creative brief for "club-themed" new product.
- Developed, sold, moderated, and interpreted results for more than 100 qualitative focus groups and one-on-one sessions for Marlboro.
- Led several Key internal brand team ideation sessions across new products, promotions, and Marlboro racing school, preparing holistic planning platforms and guiding brand personality studies.
BUILD A BEAR WORKSHOP, STRATEGIC MARKETING ANALYSIS, St. Louis, MO, 3/02 – 3/04
- Introduced planning discipline and mass advertising techniques to entertainment retailer with more than $250MM in sales.
- Turned 17% sales decline into 20% increase in two years by overhauling entire marketing effort and launching company's first-ever national advertising campaign.
- Introduced new psychographic target and launched television, radio, magazine, billboard, theatre, sponsorship, partnership and licensing plan helping stores grow from $100MM to $250MM in sales.
- Conducted company's first-ever foray into qualitative research inspiring creative executions for nationwide campaign launch.
- Developed emotional laddering perspective based on store intercepts and customer observations.
- Helped source and secure company's first-advertising agency.
- Created a comprehensive brand equity tool spanning usage of characters, personality, symbols, and functional/ emotional offering guiding all marketing communications.
DARCY/ MEDIAVEST, ACCOUNT PLANNER/ MEDIA SUPERVISOR, St. Louis, MO, 3/98 – 3/02
Masterfoods (M&M Mars) – Skittles, Uncle Ben's, Seeds of Change
- Researched and reviewed sales and volumetric data throughout Europe for a global new product launch combining Milky War/ Mars brands internationally.
- Championed a host of strategic planning tools helping differentiate/ anchor key M&M/ Mars brands within the context of multiple product lines.
- Extended Masterfood's Kid's Point of View (KPOV) qualitative research program to include 75 inner city schools providing a more diverse constituent perspective.
- Developed agency competitive analysis standards and processes correlating media activity to sales.
- Designed and conducted proprietary nationwide research study on inner city teens seed by agency for all M&M's brands.
PIKE & ASSOCIATES, MEDIA PLANNER/BUYER, Lenville, NE, 1996 – 1998
The Brown Shoe Company – Life Stride, Naturalizer, Natural Spot, Buster Brown
THE UNITED STATES ARMY, COMPUTER LOGISTIC SPECIALIST, Baton Rouge, LA, 1992 – 2000
Served for two years of active duty and six years as reservist.
EDUCATION/ TRAINING/ RESEARCH TOOLS__________
ABBOT PORTFOLIO SCHOOL – DAPHNE, AL, 2005 – Present
TROY UNIVERSITY – MANHATTAN, SC, 1996
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
BURKES INSTITUTE TRAINING – CALLOWAY, OH, 2002 – 2004
- Moderating Brand Positioning, Specialized Qualitative with Children, One-on-One Interviewing
ACCOUNT PLANNERS CONFERENCE – CINCINNATI, OH, 2002 – 2005
COMMUNITY SERVICE/ TEACHING__________
ABBOT PORTFOLIO SCHOOL, 2006 – Present
- Teach weekly "Planning 101" course to Copywriters and Art Directors
ANDERS CRISIS NURSERY, VOLUNTEER, 1998 – PRESENT
SAN DIEGO MARATHON RUNNER, ALS FOUNDATION FUNDRAISER, 2004
CHICAGO MARATHON RUNNER, ALS FOUNDATION FUNDRAISER, 2002 – 2003