3 Wilson St | High Hills, VIC 3000
0400 777 141 | [email protected]
MARKETING ASSISTANT | MARKETING COORDINATOR
Innovative, versatile and creative marketing assistant with the skills, passion and professionalism needed to support business and consumer market programs, assist with PR and communications and conduct detailed market research. Through being able to understand the wider picture, earned a reputation as someone offers a pro-active approach and is recognized as being results driven and an effective team player.
- Product planning and market research
- Determining marketing objectives
- Understanding web-based marketing
- Research and analysis
- Advertising planning
- Brochure design layout and design
- Creative graphics
- Promotional and sales materials
- Competitor benchmarking
- Maintaining customer databases
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
Currently studying Master of Business in Marketing
University of Australia, 2009 to date
Bachelor of Business (Management)
University of Technology, Perth, completed 2006
Higher School Certificate
All Saints Grammar School, completed 2003
ACADEMIC PROJECTS/ ACHIEVEMENTS
Marketing Assignments – University of Technology, Sydney, 2009 to present
The following are examples of projects and assignments completed as part of the curriculum for the Business in Marketing course through the University.
Product Marketing Plan – built and developed a strategic marketing plan for the introduction of a unique maritime product into the Australian Markets covering; the product, price, promotion and distribution factors involved in launching the product.
Marketing Research Report "Mother Energy Drink" – conducted primary research into this popular energy drink and similar products in its category in order to understand the product competition and to provide a report on improvements to product marketing.
Promotion & Advertising Plan – developed a plan for promoting and advertising a product known as "Happy Yappers dog treats" for introduction into a foreign market which in this case was Hong Kong.
Customer Interface Evaluation "Website evaluation" – analysed the website for "Homeworld" using e-business marketing evaluation tools, benchmarking similar sites and identifying recommendations for improvement.
Strategic Marketing Plan/ Product launch – built a 3 year strategic marketing plan which was developed for a German company (Modulbox) to launch their product in Australia.
MARKETING ASSISTANT, GRADUATE & SUPPORT ROLES
Johnson International, August 2008 to December 2008
MARKETING ASSISTANT (interim placement)
Johnson International has grown into one of Australia's largest marketers, importers, exporters and distributors of medical, surgical, dental, laboratory, scientific, veterinary, beauty, first aid & safety and office supplies products.
Reported to the Marketing Manager in providing hands-on assistance for marketing campaigns:
- Conducted comprehensive research into the market looking at existing product lines and pricing offered within the market by Livingstone and by its competitors.
- Research new products for launch into the Australian markets.
- Provided assistance for the production of marketing material and brochures on key product lines, including liaison and negotiation with printers and publishers on production costs.
- Liaised closely with the businesses graphics teams on design layout for brochure production.
- Designed promotional materials including posters, banners and postcards.
- Updated and managed the customer database and mailing lists.
Despite this being a short-term placement, a great deal of responsibility was placed within the role and was rewarded with the successful production of 2 month brochures and a Yearly Supply Catalogue.
Previous roles held, 2002 to 2004
- Sales Assistant (part-time) - Sanity at Miranda Westfield, 2003 to 2004
- Various customer assistance roles (whilst studying), 2002 to 2004
ADDITIONAL SUPPORTING INFORMATION
- Adobe, MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, Html, Access
Hobbies and Interests:
- Technology, Sports and Chess
- Full reference details available upon request.
Australian Resumes Services
is part of the itouch group, giving clients an international resume service and professional resume that can be adapted to a wide range of markets. We provide both Resume Writing and CV writing and cover all levels from Executive Resumes through to resumes for Graduates.