123 Elm Street • Miami, FL 33183
305-555-5555 • [email protected]
Actively seeking a position as a materials engineer with an organization in need of a professional with proven techniques and technological skills, multitasking abilities, and drive to exceed corporate objectives.
Accomplished and focused professional with demonstrated experience in chemical equipment and devise processes for manufacturing chemicals and products. Recognized for professionalism, positive mental attitude, commitment to excellence, and demonstrated ability to communicate and working with senior management, associates, and customers. Able to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure. Self-motivated and able to work independently or in a team. Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate and collaborate effectively with co-workers at all levels. Adept in Computer applications including Mathematical Analysis Software: MATLAB and MAPLE, Statistical Analysis Software (SAS). Aspen Plus Simulation Engine, Microsoft Office and Computer Programming Language: FORTRAN. Bilingual and bi-literate in English and Mandarin languages.
Analysis Techniques: Gas Chromatography/ Mass Spectrometry (GC/ MS), Total Organic Carbon (TOC), High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Ion Chromatography system (ICP), UV/ Visible Spectrophotometer, Ion-selective electrode and Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy.
Membrane Technology: Membrane functionalization and membrane separation including MF, UF and NF.
Senior Materials Engineer
ABC Corporation, Materials Engineering, Miami, FL | 20xx – Present
Conducts research in detoxification of organic pollutants using chelate based Fenton reaction such as monomeric and polymeric chelating agent. The objective is to apply free hydroxyl radical reaction at groundwater remediation. Chelating agents were used for controlling free ferrous and ferric ion concentration and preventing precipitation even at neutral pH environment. The kinetics of these reactions was studied by disappearance of parent compound and formation of chloride in solution.
- Effectively performed oxidation of chlorinated aromatics by hydroxyl radicals in presence of mono-chelate (citrate) or poly-chelate (polyacrylic acid) at neutral pH environment.
- Strategically developed immobilization of polyacrylic acid in solid support (membrane or functionalized silica particles).
- Productively established mechanism of chelate based modified Fenton reaction and developed kinetic models through numerical simulation.
- Successfully illustrated the effective dechlorination of carbon tetrachloride (could not be oxidized by free hydroxyl radicals) by chelate based modified Fenton reaction at neutral pH environment.
- Mentored one REU (Research Experiences for Undergraduates) student in 20xx.
Materials Process Technician
BCD Refining Company, Miami, FL | 20xx – 20xx
- Played a key role in handling start-up and shut-down for RCC (residue catalytic cracking) complex including: Reaction, Fractionator, Alkylation, MTBE, Sulfur Recovery and Wastewater Treatment Unit.
- Strategically performed troubleshooting and optimization.
- Worked closely with teams and provided training.
- Successfully collaborated in work place safety programs.
CDE Petrochemical, Miami, FL | 20xx – 20xx
- Administered creation and production of rubber additive from RCC slurry oil.
- Productively recognized corrosive characteristics of RCC gasoline.
- Effectively associated and participated in startup and commission team for new RCC complex.
University of XYZ Miami, FL | 20xx
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering
XYZ University Miami, FL | 20xx
B.S. in Chemical Engineering, GPA: 3.67
Advance Mass Transfer
Advanced Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
Advanced Chemical Reactor Design
Regression and Correlation
American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) Member
Member of Safety Committee of ABC Corporation | 20xx – 20xx
Kendall, J., Bachas, L.G., Bhattacharyya, D., "Biphenyl Detoxification by Poly-chelate (Polyacrylic Acid) Modified Fenton Reaction at Neutral pH environment." | To be submitted, 20xx
Kendall, J., Bachas, L.G., Bhattacharyya, D., "Kinetics Studies of Trichlorophenol Destruction by Chelate-Based Fenton Reaction," Environ. Eng. Sci., 22, 756-771. | 20xx
ORAL AND POSTER PRESENTATIONS
Kendall, J., Bachas, L.G., Bhattacharyya, D., "Chlorinated Organic Compounds Destruction by Modified Fenton Reaction Involving Iron-Chelate," Annual SBRP Meeting conducted by the NIEHS, New York, January 11-13. | 20xx
Kendall, J., Bachas, L.G., Bhattacharyya, D., "Oxidation of Trichlorophenol by Chelate Modified Fenton Reaction," Annual Meeting of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE), Austin, TX, November 7-12. | 20xx