See the corresponding MBA Graduate cover letter sample.
JOAN SMITH, MBA
[email protected] | LinkedIn URL | 555-555-5555
An MBA GRADUATE offers a proven track record of success in managing events and operations associated with sports organizations and other businesses. Excels in maintaining sporting team statistics and supporting team activities at the high school and collegiate levels. Works well with athletes and trainees from teens to adults ages 50+. Areas of expertise include:
COMMUNICATIONS – CUSTOMER SERVICE – EVENT PLANNING/MANAGEMENT – STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS – PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT – PROJECT & PROGRAM MANAGEMENT – TEAM BUILDING – EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT – STRATEGIC PLANNING – RESEARCH & ANALYSIS – OPERATIONAL SUPPORT – SPORTS BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
MBA, Sports Management (2014) – UNIVERSITY NAME
Bachelor of Business Administration (2012) – UNIVERSITY NAME
SELECT CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
- Developed more than a dozen programs for middle and high school-aged students that were designed to improve basic sports capabilities and prepare athletes for participation in school teams while optimizing academic performance.
- Created and delivered enrichment programs for County Schools, planning indoor and physical activities to engage students minds and bodies and help them advance in school and health.
- Conducted research and provided recommendations to the head of the athletic department at University Name regarding revamping criteria for admission and supporting educational goals for student athletes.
- Secured sponsorships with donors and worked on event scheduling and planning for Company Name, including meet and greets, community service events, player orientation days, and various social events.
SPORTS PROGRAM DIRECTOR – COMPANY NAME (2016 - PRESENT)
- Develop and manage programs for school-aged children, ranging from middle school to high school athletics.
- Forge and maintain strong relationships with customers and community stakeholders.
- Train and lead employees in program planning and execution, overseeing budgets and company resources.
AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT PROGRAM TEACHING ASSOCIATE – COMPANY NAME (2015 - 2016)
- Created lesson plans to teach and interact with students, instructing more than 100 students in the program.
- Planned activities for students to do while keeping up with the specific grade-level curriculum.
- Coordinated physical activities and worked with students on homework and team building activities.
DEVELOPMENTAL TECH – COMPANY NAME (2013 - 2015)
- Ensured completion of all organization training requirements, working with patients between age 15 and 50+ in a multistate company, providing a comprehensive network of support services for people with intellectual, physical, and developmental disabilities and those with behavioral health needs or substance use challenges.
- Maintained positive relationships with co-workers, management, and service users while helping achieve training goals.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS – COMPANY NAME (2012 - 2013)
- Maintained statistics and records for the athletics (teams of middle and high school students).
- Assisted the Athletics Director with up-to-date information for the concession stand and other businesses.
- Completed paperwork to request field/location for events and created player profiles for team that included athlete’s personal information and athletic history; created content for website and contributed to site design.