MARK A. GUNLOGSON
1151 Stonecrest Drive | Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
805.234.4046 | [email protected]
- BSME, California Polytechnic State University, 2006.
- Designer and builder of mechanical devices including module for Human Powered Vehicle for annual race; innovative lawn care aide; and stilt walker bicycle.
- Experience as construction foreman and assistant in road design.
- Skills in using a wide range of design, fabrication, and business solutions.
- Highly motivated, disciplined and resourceful. Interact productively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Perform quality work and complete it on time.
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, 6/06
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
Class Level: Senior, Current GPA: 3.004
- Combustion Engine Design
- Drilling Engineering
- Single Track Vehicle Design
- Heat Transfer and Thermodynamics
- Mechanical Design/ Strength of Materials
- Thermal System Design
- Petroleum Production Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Manufacturing Processes
Front Fork Design for Human Powered Vehicle (HPV) Team, Cal Poly
Single Track Vehicle Design
Designed and built a bicycle for a stilt walker. The tall bike is 30+" taller than a standard bicycle. The design consisted of two full suspension frames stacked one on top of the other, new front steer tube, new rear triangle and a new drive train.
Fertilizer Injection System for Residential Use (Mechanical Design)
Individually designed, built, and tested system that eliminates the manual part of applying liquid fertilizer to lawn and shrubs by attaching injector to sprinkler manifold. The device, now functional, is in the final stage of development.
Job Foreman, Gunner Inc., Redding, CA, Summer 1999 – 2005
- Supervised up to four crafts workers at all stages of residential construction projects. Interpreted technical drawings. Made day-to-day tactical decisions.
- Worked from boyhood for this family owed business. Gained detailed, working knowledge of building trades, tools, and construction techniques.
Assistant, Road Design Division, Cal Trans, Redding, CA, 11/00 – 4/01
Technical Assistant, Network Development Consulting (NDC), Redding, CA, Summer 2000
AutoCAD R13, R14, 2000-2004; SolidWorks 2003-2006; MATLAB/ Simulink; Engineering Equation Solver (EES); Microsoft Office, BASIC Programming: Machining (Mill, Lathe, Basic hand tools, sheet metal fabrication, CNC operations); wedding processes and theory (GMAW, GTAW, gas, laser, spot, etc.); basic electronic design/ fabrication.
See the corresponding mechanical engineer cover letter.