123 Any Street, City, State ZIP
123.456.7890, [email protected]
Medical Billing & Coding, Certificate of Completion: Institute
Medical Billing & Coding: College/University – City, State
Business Management: College/University – City, State
Employer 1 Collections Supervisor, Nov 2012 – Present
- Support organizational initiatives by overseeing and streamlining billing and collections processes.
- Cultivate cohesive relationships with senior management to ensure that efficient processes are applied to foster a higher payment return rate.
- Responsible for accurate and timely billing, data entry, charge corrections, payment entry adjustments, appeals and collections.
- Develop action and contingency plans to correct backlogs or foreseeable payment delays.
- Provide enhanced organizational support by consistently refining subject matter expertise and knowledge. Attend Benefit Review Conference (BRC), file complaints with Department of Insurance and send medical fee dispute resolution files.
- Maintain cross functional relationship with on-site legal counsel to address payment denials and file Medical Dispute Resolution requests.
- Provide strategic and hands on personnel management including supervision, training, developing and hiring of staff.
Employer 2 Biller-Collector, Sept 2010 – Nov 2012
- Performed analysis of patient records to determine and confirm legitimacy of treatment, diagnostic testing and admissions.
- Responsible for billing and collections, denials and appeals, and checking claim status. Processed billing components and conducted necessary follow-up.
- Ensured prompt payment remittance by verifying correct Third Party coding, billing information for electronic claims transmission and hard copy billing (UB-04).
- Consulted with claims processors at Third Party Payer companies regarding disputes/denied claims and followed up on all bills not processed within the usual claim period.
- Investigated and responded to correspondence and requests in a timely manner to ensure resolution.
- Provided customer service to facilitate payment remittance and account resolution.
Employer 3 Quality Assurance Bill Processor, Oct 2007 – Sept 2010
- Audited files to ensure accuracy and compliance with organizational standards on a daily basis. Conducted necessary action to correct the files when applicable.
- Provided strategic guidance and consultation to management by identifying trends, analyzing data and proposing subsequent solutions and process improvement opportunities.
- Peer 2 Peer (P2P) Electronic Billing Database
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Medics Premier
- Med E Docs