HEATHER M. EXAMPLE
1111 KARMA AVE • NASHVILLE, TN 37073
(615) 537-1036 • [email protected]
Citizenship: United States
Desired Job Type: Permanent, Federal, Mental Health Counseling
Veteran's Preference: 10-point preference based on spouse, widow, widower, or mother
Desired Locations: U.S.-MD, DC, VA (Northern)
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Highly accomplished and results-driven Operation and Mental Health Specialist, leveraging finely-honed interpersonal and time management skills to successfully manage a group and increase productivity achieving program goals and objectives. Energetic and goal-oriented with a genuine passion for social work and a well-rounded background in supporting a progressive organization in optimizing performance and government policy. Lived in Japan while serving in the United States Navy and experienced in 20 different countries within 4 years of service. Became acquainted with diverse cultural contexts and allowing to hone inter-cultural understanding and competencies. Seeking a Federal position, preferably in Mental Health Counseling for Veterans while demonstrating additional skills in:
- Behavioral Recovery
- Strategic Planning
- Staff Training and Development
- Relationship Building
- CPR/ First Aid
- Group Management/ Counseling
- Program Planning/ Coordination
- Risk Assessment/ Prevention
- Aggressive Behavior
- Team Leadership/ Supervision
UNITED STATES NAVY, Yokosuka, Japan / U.S. | Nov. 2003 – Oct. 2008
Operation Specialist, Grade Level: OS2/E-5
- Assumed full responsibility for managing 24 personnel during at sea and in-port mission periods while conducting training, updating and managing schedules, evaluations, and assessments to ensure all personnel were able to perform at expected levels.
- Oversaw office correspondence and over 500 military messages for a forward deployed ship in the USN, as well as maintained daily records for staff.
- Acted as Administrative Assistant in Commander Naval Forces Japan's Legal offices while managing over 100 travel itineraries to include, prepare, and organize payment and subsequent travel claims for the Legal Office and other satellite offices.
- Provided administrative support to Commander Fleet Activities Yokosuka Legal Staff Judge Advocate, maintaining and storing thousands of records for civil administrative hearings in the Yokosuka area.
- Drafted, edited, and managed hundreds of letters in correspondence used to support the Staff Judge. Advocate while also handling customer service inquiries and complaints.
- Achieved Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Award for managerial skills and leadership abilities.
- Received Good Conduct Medal, as well as Sea Service and Overseas Service Ribbons for time served.
- Obtained Secret Clearance.
THREE RIVERS CENTER / BEHAVIORAL HEALTH, West Columbia, SC | Jun. 2002 – Nov. 2003
Mental Health Specialist, Full-time
- Held accountable for working as a Mental Health Specialist on a variety of wards within a behavioral recovery based private hospital, performing monitoring, interaction, and record keeping of an 18-bed adolescent residential treatment center.
- Developed and implemented a Daily Independent Living Skills Group, as well as conducted a morning goals group and an evening wrap-up/ relaxation group.
- Worked with an acute intensive adolescent population, adult population, a behavioral recovery ward with a wide range of drug and alcohol abuse/ dependencies, and a geriatric population.
- Maintained charts for all patients and recorded all group participation and one-on-one processing sessions.
- Managed a turnover log and conducted shift-to-shift pass down with accurate turnover information.
- Trained in Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behavior, CPR, and First Aid.