JANE M. SAMPLE
123 Main Street • Wauwatosa WI, 12345
(877) 875-7706 • [email protected]
MERCHANDISE PLANNER AND BUYER CAREER PROFILE
Results-focused, quality-driven professional with extensive experience in merchandise planning, and purchasing positions, demonstrating consistent achievement of objectives, strong forecasting and analysis skills, and dedication to organizational goals. Advanced presentation and relationship development abilities, with track record of success improving sales and inventory performance to ensure profit turnarounds.
Core Knowledge & Skill Areas:
- Inventory Analysis
- Financial Planning
- Talent Acquisition & Training
- Sales Forecasting and Trends
- Senior Buyer/ Purchaser
- Merchandising Strategies
Senior Assistant Planner (July 2008 – Present) | BON-TON Inc.
- Analyzed merchandise performance within department to monitor statistical objectives, adapt inventory as needed, and increase sales volume. Merchandise analysis resulted in the timely and cost-efficient savings of $2,429.6m vs. LY Q3.
- Evaluated profitability for in-season sales, financial and inventory performance and suggested adjustments as needed. Adjustments to merchandise increased quarterly profits by $66.5m vs. plan.
- Created seasonal financial plans to guarantee optimal inventory investment, increase merchandise flow, and reduce markdowns ultimately maximize profitability. As a result these seasonal plans increased our ROI from .24 to .28 and increased quarterly profitability by 2.4% despite the difficult economy.
- Reviewed historical data and joined forces with the buying team ensuring the right collections were placed in stores at the optimal time.
- Operated as team leader responsible for communicating financial strategies to vendors and department heads, resulting in increased cohesiveness, improved efficiency, and enhanced effectiveness.
Senior Assistant Buyer (August 2007 – June 2008) | BON-TON Inc.
- Trained, supervised and developed a staff of three consisting of merchandise assistants and interns, ensuring optimal performance and compliance with company goals and objectives.
- Developed and executed strategies for merchandise assortments, vendor relations management, and marketing cadences management.
- Utilized strong leadership skills and communication expertise to maximize sales and profitability. Negotiated costs, vendor margin support, and wholesale pricing resulting in increased sales of 5% over previous year and improved gross margin rate of 1.5%.
Assistant Buyer (June 2006 – August 2007) | BON-TON Inc.
- Assisted Senior Buyer in men's tailored clothing purchases.
- Forecasted consumer buying patters based on sales trends and economic conditions monitoring.
- Observed and managed stock levels within department and contributed to preparation and
execution of financial plans.
- Ensured timely and efficient product flow by partnering with vendors and distribution centers and
JANE M. SAMPLE PAGE 2
Youth Care Counselor (January 2005 – June 2006) | Lad Lake
- Interceded and dissolved chaotic situations.
- Mentored trouble youth.
- Steered trouble youth into creating acceptable day to day life decisions.
Bachelor of Business Administration Management, May 2006
University of Wisconsin – Whitewater
Phi Sigma Theta National Honor Society Member, 2003
General Management Organization Member, 2008
Great Resumes Fast
is a professional resume writing and interview coaching firm that assists job seekers at every level secure interviews and job offers. They create dynamic, best-in-class resumes and cover letters that consistently deliver results. Great Resumes Fast also offers writers with specialization in Federal Resume Writing, Executive Level and C-Suite, Information Technology, Sales and Management.