123 Elm Street | Miami, FL 33183 | 305-555-5555 | [email protected]
COMMITTED TO EXCELLENCE IN MUSIC EDUCATION
HISTORY OF SUCCESS
Music Teacher, XYZ Public Schools, Fine Arts Department (20xx – Present)
Largest school district in Florida with 87 elementary schools, 27 middle schools, and 11 high schools along with an alternative education system operating under the authority of APS School Board and Superintendents.
- Facilitated general music instruction to over 15,000 elementary age children within 25 APS elementary schools, with additional emphasis on literacy and math integration.
- Lead "Making the Connection", an annual summer music workshop for classroom teachers.
- Earned UNM/ NMMEA Dr. John Batchellor Award for Excellence in Elementary Music Education in 20xx.
- Received Employee of the Month recognition in October 20xx at ABC Elementary School.
Curriculum Design & Development
- As Mentor Teacher/ Staff Developer, provided guidance, mentoring, and motivation to newly hired teachers.
- Spearhead implementation of professional development initiatives in support of advancement of new teachers and instructors, with special emphasis on cross-curricular and multi-cultural themes, multidisciplinary approaches, adaptive use, and shared best practices.
- As Level A3 Master Teacher Study Group Leader, established protocols for teamwork, analysis, and continuous improvement based on guidelines and techniques from Critical Friends Process, Japanese Study Groups, and theories/ practices of Peter Senge and Margaret Wheatley.
Private Music Teacher, ABC Music, Miami, FL (20xx – 20xx)
Conducted private music lessons. Taught music to school aged children. Tracked progress, collaborated with parents, and worked with students to prepare for school band, contests, and special concerts.
PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Graduate Assistant, UNIVERSITY OF XYZ, Miami, FL | 20xx – 20xx
Featured Performer and Instructor, XYZ OPERA MOSAIC, Miami, FL | 20xx – 20xx
Director of Band, Chorus, & General Music Programs, XYZ MIDDLE SCHOOL, Miami, FL | 20xx – 20xx
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATIONS
Educational Leadership, XYZ University, Miami, FL | 20xx
M.A. Music Education - Distinguished Graduate, University of XYZ, Miami, FL | 20xx
B.A. Music Education - University of XYZ, Miami, FL | 20xx
- NMPED Level 3B School Administration and Level 3A Instructional Leader
- American Orff-Schulwerk Association Level II Practitioner