123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 12345
877-875-7706 | [email protected]
SUPPORT COORDINATION SPECIALIST
Energetic professional with experience in coordination of provider services and client care for mission-oriented organizations. Expertise in connecting clients and providers that care for diverse and underserved populations. High level of performance in customer service and home office support.
Core Knowledge & Skills:
Relationship Building with Community Service Providers | RFP Preparation and Coordination | Staff Training | Procedure Development | Team Leadership | Creative Problem Solving | Community Outreach | Catastrophic Event Shelter Management | Disaster Evacuee Case Management
EARLY STEPS, LOUISIANA'S EARLY INTERVENTION SYSTEM, Shreveport, LA
System Point of Entry Region 7 Office Manager | 2006 – 2009
Manage referrals for children ages birth to 3 with disabilities and/or developmental delays for enrollment in natural environment services.
- Manage relationships with first-line care providers, including physician and medical clinics, case management professionals, Office of Family Support, hospital NICUs, and other community agencies.
- Negotiate and secure authorizations for payment of care providers.
- Prepare and coordinate writing of responses to Requests for Proposal to retain state contract.
PRAESES CORPORATION, Shreveport, LA
Accounting Assistant | 2001 – 2002
Tracked receivables throughout the organization, which owned 5 companies and employed 125+ staff, managed billing processes, and ensured prompt customer payments. Re-hired by company after a period of company-wide layoffs due to expertise and stellar performance in prior position.
- Managed customer billing, specifically targeting delinquent accounts.
- Improved protocol and process to guarantee customer payment.
Sales Support Assistant | 1999 – 2000
Managed diverse needs of external sales force, including interviewing and hiring representatives, arranging travel, developing training materials, and acting as operational hub for geographically distributed team.
- Managed hiring and firing of sales team members, including reviewing resumes, interviewing, supervising candidate pre-employment testing, and administering personality inventories.
- Analyzed financial data for reporting; wrote monthly newsletter based on these analyses.
- Planned and organized sales training conferences.
...Professional Experience Continued
2 | L. ELAINE DEATON
Professional Experience Continued...
Receptionist | 1998 – 1999
Public's point of contact on 14-line telephone unit. Managed office supply inventory and maintenance of business equipment. Supported Human Resources Manager in daily projects.
- Promoted staff efficiency through new protocol for identifying office supply needs.
- First-line reviewed resumes and made hiring recommendations.
- Wrote Receptionist operations manual.
- Wrote Sales Support procedure manual.
HIRSCH COLISEUM HURRICANE DISASTER RELIEF SHELTER / CENTERPOINT SOCIAL SERVICES, Shreveport, LA
Case Manager (Internship) | 2005
Assisted with Hurricane Katrina shelter management.
- Served 850 evacuees over 40 days of operation.
- Managed evacuee intake into Service Point database to connect them with community-based medical, counseling, and housing services.
- Scheduled intake volunteer training and availability.
LSU-S KATRINA DISASTER RELIEF SHELTER / MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES, Shreveport, LA
Case Manager (Internship) | 2005
Assisted with Hurricane Katrina shelter management, focusing on evacuees' mental health needs.
- Served 1500 evacuees over 66 days of operation.
- Scheduled volunteer mental health professionals to provide clinical and counseling services.
- Helped disabled evacuees with medication, counseling, and development of resilience strategies.
RHYMES AND READING PROGRAM, Shreveport, LA
Research Assistant (Internship) | 2005
Researched the effectiveness of community members as resources for students with poor reading skills.
Lusk, M.M., Welch, M.D., Deaton, L.E. and Bearden, H. (2006, March). Examining the relationship between home environment and early literacy skills. Paper presented at the 2006 LERA Conference in Alexandria, LA. Concluded that as SES increases, so does the daily number of words spoken to children, which affects their literacy development.
HONORS AND AWARDS
Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 2005. Invited into Academic honor society for being in top 7.5% of class.
Psi Chi Honor Society, 2005. Invited into Psychology honor society for being in top 35% of class.
Chancellor's Honor Roll Lists: Summer 2003 – Spring 2004, Fall 2004 – Spring 2005, Fall 2005.
LSU-S Psychology Club, Vice-President, 2005 – 2006.
Psi Chi Chapter at LSU-S, Secretary, 2005 – 2006.
Louisiana State University / Shreveport, LA
2002 – 2006, B.S. in Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.85, Major GPA: 4.0
Great Resumes Fast
is a professional resume writing and interview coaching firm that assists job seekers at every level secure interviews and job offers. They create dynamic, best-in-class resumes and cover letters that consistently deliver results. Great Resumes Fast also offers writers with specialization in Federal Resume Writing, Executive Level and C-Suite, Information Technology, Sales and Management.