FLORENCE NIGHTINGALE, BSN, RN
1400 Ivey Lane • Nursetown, PA
(211) 555-5500 • [email protected]
Pennsylvania College of Nursing (Pittsburgh, PA)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (June 2016)
Summa Cum Laude Honors, GPA 4.00
Nursing Student of the Year Award, May 2016
Academic Excellence Award, June 2015
National Nursing Honor Society
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATIONS
Registered Nurse, State of Pennsylvania
BLS, American Heart Association
At Home Nursing Care (Jackson, PA)
Home Health RN (July 2016 – Present)
- Orient, supervise, evaluate, and provide in-service training for home health aides.
- Assess and monitor disease status, update medical orders and medication lists.
- Patient and family education, develop care plans, environmental risk assessments, provide recommendations and referrals.
- Coordinate care with an interdisciplinary team including physicians, pharmacists, case managers and insurance representatives.
- Advocate for patients to ensure needs are met in the best interest of the patient.
Pennsylvania Care Hospital (Pittsburgh, PA)
Patient Care Assistant (March 2014 – June 2016)
- Assisted Registered Nurses in patient care, head to toe assessments, checked vitals, medication administration, reconciliation and charting in EPIC.
- Patient education, referrals, coordinated care with an interdisciplinary team, communicated with and educated patient families.
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
Student Government Association – President (January 2013 – June 2016)
National Student Nurses Association – Member (March 2013 – June 2016)
Lakeland Medical Center (Johnston, PA)
Surgical Unit 23N (May 2013 – July 2013)
- Shadowed Registered Nurse on unit and observed head-to-toe assessments, basic patient care, medication administration, blood draws, IV’s, foley catheters, and NG tube feedings.
- Observed and discussed patient education, charting, and patient care plans.
American Red Cross Blood Drive (May 2013, May 2014)
Cure for Cancer Charity Walk (June 2014)
Pennsylvania Food Bank (April 2012)