190-12 Arthur Avenue • Brentwood, NY 11717
631-555-5555 • [email protected]
Seeking a position in the capacity of OFFICE SUPPORT ASSISTANT within a general business or medical office environment, bringing the following experience, skills, and attributes:
Extensive experience working in general public, educational, and medical office settings. Interface well with others at all levels including patrons, patients, professionals, children, and students. Caring and hardworking with excellent interpersonal communication, customer service, and office support skills. Windows 98/DOS, MS Word, Dictaphone, CRT data entry, basic Internet skills, and medical terminology.
Circulation Desk Associate, Six Areas University, Brentwood, NY | 12/97 – Present
Provided diversified information services and research assistance to the general public and student population.
- Assisted patrons in obtaining a broad selection of books, periodicals, audio-visuals, and other materials.
- Catalogued library materials, prepared bibliographies, indexes, guides, and search aids.
- Performed multifaceted general office support, and administered academic placement tests.
Teacher's Aide/ Office Assistant, Brentwood School District, Brentwood, NY | 3/93 – 6/97
Assigned to the Publications Department, Computer Lab, Special Education Resource Room, and Lunch Hall.
- Assisted grade-level teachers with diversified clerical support in areas of document proofreading, duplication, collating and distribution, classroom management, student monitoring, and miscellaneous assignments.
- Easily established rapport with students, and interfaced well with parents and school-wide faculty members.
Nursing Assistant, Our Lady of Consolation, West Islip, NY | 6/87 – 1/93
Physical Therapy Aide, Mother Cabrini Nursing Home, Dobbs Ferry, NY | 3/82 – 6/87
Held the following combined responsibilities at Our Lady of Consolation and Mother Cabrini Nursing Home:
- Obtained vital signs and followed up with timely and accurate medical records-keeping procedures.
- Interfaced extensively with patients, staff personnel, orthopedic surgeons, and neurologists.
- Observed and reported changes in patient's conditions and other matters of concern.
- Performed ambulatory therapeutic treatments such as range of motion, gait training, and whirlpool baths.
- Transported patients to and from the hospital for emergency care and scheduled tests.
- Ensured the proper use of equipment and medical devices such as wheelchairs, braces, and splinters.
- Assisted patients with personal hygiene, grooming, meals, and other needs requiring immediate attention.
- Maintained sanitary, neatness and safety conditions of rooms in compliance with mandatory regulations.
Certificate, Information Processing, 1994
SECRETARIAL SCHOOL OF AMERICA, Morristown, NY
Certificate, Medical Assisting, 1982
JOHN WILSON TRAINING SCHOOL, Brentwood, NY