123 Elm Street • West Hartford, CT 06110
860.555.5555 • [email protected]
Highly Qualified Optician
MARKETING • PRODUCT MANAGEMENT • TRAINING
Success in the Ophthalmic Industry
Versatile professional with over nine years of progressive ophthalmic industry experience, seeking to leverage retail sales management and clinical/ laboratory expertise into a marketing or training position. Superior performance repeatedly recognized through challenging assignments. Adept in building collaborative partnerships with professionals from all organizational levels. Respected leader with excellent interpersonal skills. Analytical and decisive. Backed by solid credentials, including MBA and professional licenses. Willing to travel and/or relocate.
Optician, 20xx to 20xx: ABC VISION – West Hartford, CT
Managed multiple operations for this laboratory specializing in ophthalmic products. Recruited to establish and manage coating department of start-up facility. Assisted research and development departments in production of high-quality lenses and specialty coatings, and helped launch national and international specialty eyewear designs.
- Successfully launched department to full production status within just weeks.
- Repeatedly selected to manage additional departments and projects within facility due to demonstrated work ethic, technical expertise, and leadership skills.
General Manager / Optician, 20xx to 20xx: BCD VISION CENTERS – West Hartford, CT
Recruited, trained, managed, scheduled and supervised 30 employees. Established, organized and facilitated management development training program.
- Recognized with national award for best sales and most increased profits within BCD Vision Centers.
- Earned seventh highest customer satisfaction rating within the entire company, and received seven President's Pins for excellent customer service and satisfaction.
Department Manager / Account Manager, 20xx to 20xx: FAMILY VISION CENTER – Columbus, OH
Managed all aspects of daily operations including P&L, staff supervision, inventory control, and merchandising. Directed all inside and outside sales efforts for optical department. Solicited and secured optometrists and ophthalmologists for prescription referrals.
- Offered technical support for 75 ophthalmic retail kiosks throughout the United States.
- Set up and staffed optical kiosks throughout the Midwestern and Southeastern United States.
- Provided on-site surfacing, finishing, and anti-reflective coating technical support at company headquarters laboratory.
MBA, XYZ UNIVERSITY – Marion, IN (20xx)
BS, XYZ BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE – Lexington, KY (20xx)
PROFESSIONAL LICENSES AND AFFILIATIONS
Connecticut Board of Ophthalmic Dispensers – License #xxx
Ohio Optical Dispensers – License #xxxx-xx
American Board of Opticianry – Certified Optician #xxxxx
National Contact Lens Examiners – Registered Contact Lens Fitter #xxxxx
Opticians Association of America – Fellowship Member
Society of Dispensing Opticians of Connecticut – Fellowship Member
Opticians Association of Ohio – Member