1892 Wrightwood Drive • Henders, OH 77802
341.129.9899 • [email protected]
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Seasoned outsourcing/ offshoring professional with experience analyzing, transacting, implementing, managing, optimizing, and overseeing all aspects of O/O lifecycle.
- Dedicated project manager with responsibility for recruiting, training, supervising, and retaining a team of more than 50 professionals both in US and abroad.
- Proven analytical and strategic thinker having researched, synthesized, and recommended action plans for dozens of $1MM+ projects at HP, Compaq, and IBM.
- Passionate O/O advocate having created, positioned, and developed market for unique outsourcing practice used by dozens of CPA firms across the country.
ABC INTERNATIONAL, CEO / CO-FOUNDER, Henders, OH, 2003 – Present
- Created and manage best-in-class, 55-person business process outsourcing firm providing finance and accounting services to several of the leading middle-market CPA firms nationwide.
- Grew company to more than $1MM in revenue in first year.
- Authored business model, plan, and strategy, set valuation, and solicited and secured venture funding.
- Developed all components of corporate strategy including pricing, work flow process, market strategy, candidate identification, and IT infrastructure.
- Strategically analyzed multi-dimensional issues including market trends, globalization, currency rates, financial macro trends, brand psychology, industry cycles, and competitive landscape intelligence to launch concept and maximize shareholder value.
- Positioned company as providing value-added strategic long-term outsourcing solution beyond price.
- Minimize staff turnover by dramatically reducing mundane tasks for newer US-based associates.
- Focus US staff on growth, acquisition, and high-level customer service.
- Secured majority of new business by reaching out to country's leading mid-tier CPA firms.
- Established all operations at service center in Bangalore, India for more than 30 full-time employees.
- Virtually eliminated all off-shore staff turnover by instituting industry-leading retention programs.
- Processed more than 10,000 corporate, partnership, individual, and sales returns in first year of operation, and project 40,000 returns for 2006.
- Traveled more than 250,000 miles worldwide during the course of the year.
COMPUTERS, INC., Henders, OH, 1997 – 2003
DIRECTOR, STRATEGY AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS GROUP
- Identified, developed, and executed growth strategies for the $4 billion Intel-based server and storage business unit.
- Launched company's first-ever IP-centric VC tour, partnering with leading Venture Capitalists in Silicon Valley to align tech investments with Compaq's overall tech strategy.
- Sourced and secured relationships with leading VCs including Austin Ventures, InnoCal Ventures, Bessemer Partners and Intel Capital.
- Selected as Advisory Board Member for Platys Communications (later acquired by Adaptec).
- Ultimately grew additional revenue streams more than $120MM while building and managing a team of five Business Development Managers.
- Sourced and negotiated multimillion dollar complex deal with Broadcom's Serverworks division to license storage technology for inclusion in Serverworks chipsets.
- Secured major partnership with Adaptec, licensing and integrating ICs and storage management software to help increase the addressable market to more than 3 million servers representing 60% of the market.
- Key team member developing comprehensive market communication plan to realign goals for $5 billion unit post-HP merger.
- Conducted customer interviews with leading companies including Procter & Gamble, Citibank, and Chase to help segment marketplace and analyze competitive activity.
- Performed in-depth scenario analysis to recommend iSCSI, Infiniband, and SAS/ SATA portfolio strategy within $2 billion disk storage industry.
- Analyzed potential entry strategies across several segments including more than 30 mergers and acquisitions, partnerships and licensing deals in $4 billion Intel division.
- Recommended and secured $8MM in two strategic VC deals after evaluating more than 75 startups.
- Saved Compaq $7MM by recommending against investment in Portable Data Center Security - Company later filed for bankruptcy protection.
MANAGER, MARKETING AND BUSINESS OPERATIONS – STORAGE PRODUCTS GROUP
- Managed a team of 17 producing consistent growth across HDDs, fabric switches, and storage arrays.
- Dramatically reduced employee attrition following Digital acquisition by developing comprehensive personnel integration strategy.
- Increased accuracy 30% and significantly reduced end-of-life inventory by overhauling forecasting model representing $3 billion in annual sales.
- Conducted dozens of focus groups and customer interviews to help validate $700MM global market potential for key unit.
- Established key partnerships with tape library and software vendors including HP, Quantum, and Overland Data representing $150 MM in incremental revenue.
- Promoted in only nine months versus typical two- to four-year time frame.
PRODUCT MANAGER – DATA PRODUCTS BUSINESS UNIT
- Led all marketing activities for fully-integrated $400MM worldwide launch of COMPAQ DLT products.
- Overhauled product development team to better align structure with customer requirements.
- Managed highly successful beta program recruiting more than 150 early adopters for five continents.
APEX BUSINESS WORLDWIDE, BUSINESS PLANNING ANALYST, Cincinnati, OH, 1995 – 1997
- Developed and supported comprehensive business case for proposed $400MM R & D laboratory.
- Performed financial analysis on more than 10 development projects representing $65MM in investment.
- Worked closely with senior management to consolidate, analyze, and communicate $2.5 billion in worldwide revenue forecasts and targets.
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON, WILLIAMS GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, 1995
Master in Professional Accounting
Magna Cum Laude Graduate
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON, 1993
Bachelor of Business Administration; Accounting Major
ACTIVITIES / INTERESTS
Avid options, derivatives, and stock trader since 1991
Habitat for Humanity Volunteer
Youth soccer coach
Enjoy tennis, cycling, running, traveling and photography