EVELYN R. JENKINS
98A Forrest Avenue • Brentwood, New York 11717
(631) 489-3029 • [email protected]
Experienced, Certified Paralegal with excellent office management and client relation skills seeking a position within a corporate legal department where a working knowledge of legal terminology, general law, and legal proceedings pertaining to the following case types will be fully utilized and expanded:
Civil Litigation... Corporation... Wills & Estates... Negligence... Matrimonial and Medication... Personal Injury... Real Estate... Malpractice... Family Court... Bankruptcy... Criminal
Detail-oriented with excellent research, investigative, and reporting skills
Exercise independent judgment and decision-making abilities, and a high level of confidentiality
Uphold the ethical standards of the legal profession
Windows 98, Word Perfect 8.0, LEXIS/ NEXIS, MATLAW, McKinley's, DARKCS
Time Slips/ Time Reporter, Forms of Bankruptcy (F.O.B)
Paralegal, Nevins & Associates, Brentonwoods, New York | 8/99 – present
- Report directly to four attorneys with broad ranged responsibilities that encompass timely and complex preparation of cases from discovery to trial phase.
- Coordinate multifaceted office functions encompassing court calendar management, retainment of court reporters, and scheduling of conference rooms for deposition proceedings.
- Liaison between attorneys, clients, healthcare providers, insurance carriers, law firms, and government agencies.
- Ensure open lines of communication and satisfaction of deadlines through execution of dated correspondence.
- Perform computerized and law library research to obtain and gather case-relevant data and materials.
- Prepare content-specific case files for attorneys reflecting supporting forms, documentation, and photographs to use during client presentations, and index/ cross-reference network database information.
Legal Assistant, Funds Recovery, Inc., Levittown, New York | 2/94 – 8/99
- Collaborated with Collections, Medical Billing, and Finance departments to obtain documentation pertaining to the status of more than 50 weekly referred collections cases forwarded to the Legal Department.
- Carefully sourced and selected bonded attorneys across the United States utilizing the American Lawyers Quarterly, Commercial Bar Directory, National Directory List, and Columbia Directory List; determined the appropriate choice upon obtainment and review of resumes, insurance policies, and court filing fees.
- Integrated traditional investigative methods and DAKCS database system to gather account histories and case-sensitive documentation for attorneys, including credit bureau reports, court affidavits, judgments, skip tracing records, bankruptcy notices, banking statements, proof-of-assets, and trial letters.
- Maintained ongoing communication with attorneys and clients from point of referral/ discovery to trial phase, facilitating and expediting case settlements that awarded clients a minimum of 80% in recovered funds.
Certificate of Completion, Paralegal Studies Program, 1998
LONG ISLAND UNIVERSITY, at C.W. POST, Brookville, New York
Approved by the American Bar Association